ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of a new cat pipe

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
As title I'm in need of a new cat pipe as the flange is all cracked where it connects to the cat back.

How much am I going to have to fork out?
It would be cheaper to have a de-cat I know but I'm unsure if it's best option regarding MOT's

Any help much appreciated

Chris

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's just sourcing a second hand one that will be a bit of a pain. I want it sorting it's frustrating

Also

When I reach 95-100 mph I get a really high pitched whistling noise. Which puts me off going any quicker. Would this be related to the exhaust or something? I thought it may be the heat Sheild being loose above the back box area?

Strange though

Golf GTD Mk7
You won't find many people that will weld a cat, lots of nasty carcinogenic fumes released when you weld them!

If it's a phase 1, I have a K Tec sports cat to sell, single lamda sensor. PM me if it's any good.

BTB removed my CAT exit, welded a new piece to it. Better clamp, job done. Granted mine was also enlarged, but it's doable

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You won't find many people that will weld a cat, lots of nasty carcinogenic fumes released when you weld them!

If it's a phase 1, I have a K Tec sports cat to sell, single lamda sensor. PM me if it's any good.

It's for on a 182 so it's no good for me unfortunately. But cheers anyway

Going to get in touch with Fred in week and take car to him Saturday and see what he can do.

Fingers crossed