ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the market for a PS4

Clio 182
Was overhearing a conversation earlier. Apparently. With impending release of PS4 slim, over the coming weekend Sony have instructed retailers to flog off the older 500gb and 1gb consoles.

Smyths toys and a few other retailers are definitely involved, but means you can pick up a PS4 500gb and Fifa 17 for £149.99 and a 1gb for £179.99. Worth getting a preorder in if you can find anything.

Not sure if relevant but thought would put it out there as I'm going to purchase one tomorrow as it's too cheap not to.

Happy gaming

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
No one is going to beat the Smyth's price, they're very aggressive and beginning a serious threat to TRU - massive buying power now and not as difficult to deal with as tru/Amazon so stock gets into their network far easier.

Amazon, oddly, don't buy as much volume in bulk as smyths.

Clio 182 - RB
You got a 500GB?
Yeah. However, the system ejects discs at random, although its not done it for a few weeks now as i've put something under it to lift the front end up a few MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. However, the system ejects discs at random, although its not done it for a few weeks now as i've put something under it to lift the front end up a few MM.

Upgrading the HDD to 2TB is pretty cheap, plus you can use the 500GB one you take out as a standard external HDD for PC use.

But if it's having issues and these are going dirt cheap, then I guess it's worthwhile buying a new one.

That Smiths price was a glitch or limited time offer I think, as my mate came running into the office yesterday saying PS4 with Fifa 17 for £150, checked and it had reverted back to normal price.

I've just purchased the PS4 slim 500gb (yesterday) from Shopto for £229, got F1 2016 with it as well....knackered this morning and my thumbs are killing, lol.

Clio 182 - RB
Upgrading the HDD to 2TB is pretty cheap, plus you can use the 500GB one you take out as a standard external HDD for PC use.

But if it's having issues and these are going dirt cheap, then I guess it's worthwhile buying a new one.
Any chance of a link mate? Could be a worthwhile upgrade, as i'm finding i'm having to delete old games for my new games, which i don't really want to do incase i come back to them.