ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Current/Next Gen] FIFA 14

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FIFA 14 is “huge”: will go big on connectivity, but retain single-player fun.

In an interview with WhatCulture, David Rutter said that EA’s goal of an always-online, interconnected experience has already been realised, and that the team will go further with FIFA 14.

Said Rutter, “For someone with a connected console you’re completely connected with the EA Sports Football Club component of the game now. Everything you do in the game counts towards your level, you can see what your mates have been up to.”

“We’re delivering data updates on professional players and injecting challenges from real matches. You can download an App to keep track of your EASFC stuff, and manage your Ultimate Team too from the bus or workplace. You’re right – it’ll get even more like this in the next few years.”

But if you’re a fan of playing alone, then fear not, for you can still get stuck in solo if you want. Rutter confirmed that this is still a key area for EA Sports

He explained, “I think this is because it’s an excellent experience, and also because it’s sometimes a major hassle hooking up with your mates online to play head to head or the people online are quitting/cheating/beating you up. We’re working on that too.”

Rutter closed by saying that all of this effort will make FIFA 14 a huge game, brimming with extensive features. “For FIFA we’re already really pretty broad”, he said, “single player, co-op, competitive multiplayer, ranked, unranked, career, and all locked to a player or as any player, across a massive comprehensive set of players, teams and leagues. It’s a huge game.

“Our biggest features in the last three years have probably come from ‘deep’. I think deep is what gets the 90+ ratings and the fans eager, but you can’t be too narrow. Our fans have really diverse tastes in modes and we need to cater to that.”

--

Electronic Arts have provided some details in regards to the upcoming multiplatform title, “FIFA 14.” According to a report by the NeoGAF forum (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516274), the publisher told investors that the latest “FIFA” video game will be coming out this year. The soccer title will be a cross-generation release, meaning that it will launch on the current-generation platforms in addition to the PS4 and Xbox 720 next-generation systems. In the same conference, Electronic Arts also suggested that all their future titles, including “FIFA 14,” may have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price tag of $69.99 at launch with built-in micro-transaction DLC.

“FIFA 14” is slated to be released sometime in late 2013, which is around the same time frame as the launches for the PS4 and Xbox 720. Sony officially announced the PS4 on Feb. 20 at their Playstation Meeting press conference that was held in New York. You can check out some images of the PS4 accessories and menus in the slideshow at the top of this article. Microsoft is rumored to be holding their event on April 26 to unveil the Xbox 720.

The EA sports developers have always been improving on their previous version of FIFA each year to deliver a more accurate game with much improved AI. With FIFA 13 claiming the spot for the biggest video game launch of 2013, more additions or improvement is expected to be in FIFA 14 which is expected to hit the market later on in the fall of 2013.

--

The following is what is expected in FIFA 14:

Increased depth in manager mode

Manager mode is the most interesting and popular mode within the entire series. Considering this fact, EA sports are going to improve its depth by adding the option of manager player relation like praising your player that does well on the field, adding more transfer options, give control over training sessions and press conferences etc.

Addition of indoor mode

This is something that most people wanted to be added for quite a number of years now. Indoor mode was in FIFA 98 but was eliminated very quickly. It has a lot of fun compared to the grass pitch play. It's expected that FIFA 14 incorporates this mode when it will be released. The indoor football mode plays 6 versus 6 on the pitch, is an omission in FIFA but will be in FIFA 14. So get ready for this thrilling welcomed new addition to the game.

Obviously, the addition of more teams and languages

FIFA 14 will have more teams in all categories. There will be addition of more football leagues that are found in the world, more international countries etc. This means players that were not in FIFA 13 will be added in FIFA 14. More languages are also expected to be added to the latest edition.

Improved commentary

If you keenly followed the commentary of FIFA 13, you will notice it tends to be repetitive; same club histories in consecutive games. This is sometimes a little boring and repeated. FIFA 14 is expected to have an improved commentary which is unique in each and every game. It's also going to be more accurate and include some new commentators too.

More depth to player career mode

Options available for player career mode were very small in the previous version, unlike other different electronic football games. The player should be subjected to more scenarios and also have the ability to react to this scenario in his own unique way. FIFA 14 is expected to have more scenarios for the player, this is unlike FIFA 13.

LAN multiplayer

This feature was available in previous FIFA titles, but it was removed in FIFA 11. The LAN multiplayer is greatly missed by many gamers all over the world. It has made many restrictions in the overall gaming experience. If you don't have an internet connection, you're forced to play against the AI which is boring at times.

Though there are limited chances that EA sports will review this feature, it's still expected to be back in this years title. There are other improvements like increase in the graphic acceleration of FIFA 14 but a bit more complex.These are some of the simple expected additions and improvement that will come with FIFA 14, so get ready for this action. It is also expected to be more fun compared to the previous installments.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Player career mode definitely needs more depth.

I've played 2 full seasons so far and played a few games of my third. Needs more variety.

They also need to do something about the AI jump between semi pro and professional. It seems proportionally larger than all the other jumps.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
EA may have revealed FIFA 14 officially some weeks ago, but they've saved their biggest, and best gameplay announcement for today - Precision Movement.

The way that players move and interact has changed in FIFA forever with momentum and foot planting now all calculated on a step by step basis rather than canned animation sequences. It's incredibly impressive tech and it's coming to current-gen consoles.

•Precision Movement reinvents player locomotion in FIFA 14.
•Player Locomotion is now calculated on a step by step basis rather than the canned or blended animation sequences used in FIFA 13.
•Precision Movement has been in development for 2 years.
•Precision Movement allows for proper foot planting and pivoting to take place.
•There are now physics to govern the acceleration and deceleration process of player locomotion.
•Precision Movement allows for more player personality through improved use of player attributes.
•The system also offers improved visuals.
•Precision Movement was designed to remove the "floaty" or "skating" feel to player movement.

That's a very high level overview of what this new gameplay addition offers to FIFA 14 and we'll be bring you more detailed opinion on how it works in our gameplay impressions later today. We'll also add any videos released by EA to this post, so keep checking back.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
They can do whatever they want with movement for all I care. All I REALLY want from FIFA this year is for them to get rid of the silly cutscenes you get just before a substitution. I don't want to look at a random player before you sub another one, thanks!

Evo 5 RS
Well it's obvious, if you've already a PC it'll more than likely be able to play FIFA14 (even with the new ignite engine). Or you could go and shell out an extra £300+ and play it the same way.

Brick wall marketing, buy an Xbox One or don't get the full product. Simples. There's no technical reason why they wouldn't use it, but for some reason they're choosing not to.

This is all on principle though, FIFA games are best off on consoles anyway.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I hope pro clubs will be improved, nothing more frustrating than a standard defender catching up with me to the ball when I've apparently got 95 acceleration and 95 sprint speed, what's that all about?!

​Might even get into ultimate team this time around.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I hope pro clubs will be improved, nothing more frustrating than a standard defender catching up with me to the ball when I've apparently got 95 acceleration and 95 sprint speed, what's that all about?!

UT is sooooooo addictive!
I think I have had about 8 different gold teams now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Told you ;).

LOL. F*cking knew it.

I seriously need a new controller. No idea what's up with it. I put in fully recharged batteries and still got the message Please Connect Controller every few minutes. If I held the back with a bit of pressure it stayed on a bit longer but that was no good. Even when I put in some other batteries it did the same. Only just bought that a few weeks ago having ate my other one.

Was having a mare overall though. Think you scored 7 goals in a game. Twice!

AK

M240i
Try a new battery cage, might just be a bit dodgy.

I'll look around, I might have mine, as I use a play and charge battery.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
These are Next Gen shots.

Crowd looks great.
1373929910-media.jpg

BPPEOGxCQAAVUCP.jpg

fifa14-uk-boxart.jpg

1372690334-media.jpg

Pre-Alpha build video, so 4 weeks old, but shows progress:

Last edited by a moderator:
  DCi

Because you can't sprint full speed with the ball just like in reality.

If you want to use your pace to get away double tap the right stick to put the ball in front if you then make sure you don't get your shirt pulled...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's only regarding FUT14, but:

With over 3.4 million matches played daily, Ultimate Team is the most popular game mode within EA SPORTS FIFA. This year, FIFA 14: Ultimate Team will take the mode to new heights with a wealth of fresh features such as FUT Chemistry Styles, squad customization, and more.

Let’s take a look at the new additions coming to FIFA 14: Ultimate Team:

Deeper chemistry system: In FIFA 14, you can customize your squad to play any style of football with all-new FUT Chemistry Styles. FUT Chemistry Styles and Loyalty will make each player and every team unique. These aspects replace player formation and morale in the mode.

There are a variety of different FUT Chemistry Styles for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards. Every Chemistry Style affects different player attributes, which makes each individual play styles stand out within the game.

Much like in the real world of football, the choices you make will influence your team’s performance. The goal is to create the ideal chemistry within your squad, which will enable your team to reach its true potential.

For example, if you want to increase your striker’s scoring ability, you may choose to apply an Attacking Chemistry Style to boost their attacking attributes.

Online Single Matches: The community’s most sought-after feature returns in FIFA 14. Players will be able to test their talents in single game matches online against rivals.

Expanded Seasons Mode: Compete online or offline in Seasons Mode, featuring 10 divisions with promotion, relegation, coveted titles and the chance to qualify for tournaments. The new historic Seasons stats will track your results, and you can earn rewards such as coins, items, and players along the way.

New Transfer Market search & compare options: A new streamlined, user-friendly search interface enables you to seek out players by name on the Transfer Market and compare them to your roster.

Player Loyalty: Players found in packs automatically start with a loyalty Chemistry boost, but those acquired in the Transfer Market do not.These players need to play 10 matches before they unlock loyalty.

New squad customization options: For the first time ever in FIFA Ultimate Team, you’ll be able to customize your squad’s kit numbers and set-piece takers directly from the squad screen.