ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

increase acceleration

proton compact 1.3 GLi
any ideas on how i can increase my aceleration wihtout any major engine mods? i have a 1.2 16V

also i would like to get my car from 75BHP to 90BHP ... any ideas ?

Monaco RS Clio 172
strip the rear out lose back seats boot carpet spare wheel and changing kit the bar behind the rear bench and even the shelf supports seat belts and side cards if you can handle going that far

makes a huge dif. like driving your car with one less person in it mate

E30 318iS x2
New engine.

I just bought a new car had a 1.2 but upgraded to the turbo version with out any noticable alteration to my finance deal and actualy got refunded on my car insurance, plus its much more tunable.

proton compact 1.3 GLi
camshafts were sugested above ... can only find some for a 172/182 ... will these be to much for my 1.2

any ideas were i can find some for a 1.2?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
1.2 16v is a single cam engine, no cam out for it as far as i know, will need to get yours reworked, but wouldnt bother to be honest.

strip EVERYTHING its the best way to gain "power"

cat back exhaust with decat, decent panel filter and remap will gain a bit but not much and your looking at the best part of £700+ for that, not really worth it!

Iceberg 172 Cup
any ideas on how i can increase my aceleration wihtout any major engine mods? i have a 1.2 16V

filter, system and remap shud show u very close to 90bhp bud, defo around tht mark, this cams lark is nonsense on a 1.2, they respond well to remapping. defo 10% gains on a standard engine.:)

Isnt stripping the car a mod that has to be declared to insurance?

Not too sure, But just something to be carefull of.

If its ok to do so, I would vote to strip all uncessary weight. And do some breather mods such as filter and exhaust.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

filter, system and remap shud show u very close to 90bhp bud, defo around tht mark, this cams lark is nonsense on a 1.2, they respond well to remapping. defo 10% gains on a standard engine.:)

:rofl:

Yeah right. He'll be lucky to get over 80 with that.

Seriously just save up for another car. It really isn't worth it on a 1200cc engine.

320d
Sell it and buy a 1.4/1.6/2.0 tbh

There isnt much potential in the 1.2 16v engine the best thing to do is strip it and/or just spend your cash on suspension mods to improve the handling.

Seriously just save up for another car. It really isn't worth it on a 1200cc engine.

If the engine is healthy IE producing 75HP I'd say 85-90 is possible.

Shed.
cant afford the insurance mate im 18 and its a rip off atm.

nother year for me tbh im 20 in less than a month. BITE THE BULLET. Wanted a fast car since old rob took me out in his 172 when i was 18 lol. Decided it was best to wait untill im 21 !!

REALLY wanted one lol, went without food so i could save up for it.

But you know what....suddenly dawned on me that ive actualy got the rest of my life to play with fast cars :)

Strip your clio out, decat it, and get a pannel filter for it.

Geezer, just dont bother, take it from me.

I owned a 1.4 Polo for two years and was so nearly tempted on a number of occasions to mess around with it modding etc, decided to leave it stone cold standard and it was def the right decision:

a) you don't spend every hard earned penny on gear to add to the car,...

b) ...which is a years time will make it virtually unsellable. I have just sold my polo for £100 less that I bought it for! Modding dramatically reduces your market.

c) your car is a 1.2..... enough said.

Instead of spending cash as I had it on car parts I just maintained the Polo to a high standard, and stashed the rest away. After a year of properly saving I was able to buy a 05 182ff cash in hand. Soooo worth it. Be patient mate, I'm only 21 and my insurance is £750 with 2 years no claims etc so just chill for awhile, it will be all worth it in the end :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i got 85bhp with filter, cat back, decat (and 140k miles!! lol) and apparently they are mapping well so id say deffo 85bhp with a remap, possibly bit more!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

i got 85bhp with filter, cat back, decat (and 140k miles!! lol) and apparently they are mapping well so id say deffo 85bhp with a remap, possibly bit more!

surely all the money he would spend on that could be used for insurance money for a 1*2?

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
i managed to make 86.1 bhp with my 1.2 16v , the only mods being stripped rear, s/s cat back exhaust system, and bmc enclosed induction and cold air feed, the car goes loads better compared to standard, if u want to spend the money , it is easily possible to make a nippy 1.2 ,

idea's :

cat back exhaust
decat
remap
filter
loose weight
good suspension setup

with those few mods i think u'd get the car your after lol performance wise

320d
surely all the money he would spend on that could be used for insurance money for a 1*2?

+1 I've left my 1.2 standard for over ayear now and will continue to do so for another year to retain value and save up for a 1*2 next summer. Although foxy managed to put his car back to completely standard and sell on nearly all of his parts so not loosing too much cash, that was a special car with lots of interest so parts where like oht cakes.

9 times out of 10 standard ftw, or easily reversible mods.

133, 182, Kangoo 182

+1 I've left my 1.2 standard for over ayear now and will continue to do so for another year to retain value and save up for a 1*2 next summer. Although foxy managed to put his car back to completely standard and sell on nearly all of his parts so not loosing too much cash, that was a special car with lots of interest so parts where like oht cakes.

9 times out of 10 standard ftw, or easily reversible mods.
I've wanted to make my 1.2 faster too, but it's this that's made me think twice. If I mess around with it I'm not going to lose money on either selling the parts (and possibly buying standard parts back) to return to standard or selling the car modified.

Think of it this way - the less you spend now the more you'll have to spend on a 1*2 + insurance which means you should be able get it sooner than you think.

Saving FTL, but it's got to be done.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Removing the spare wheel, rear bench, rear carpet and bonnet felt should lose about 35Kg at a guess.

Get some lightweight alloys such as turrin’s would also help and will not be a waste of money as you could sell them on after you sell the car

Golf TDI
i told you stripping it out is your best option , although i know you want a quality sound system ! its like a little go kart stripped out . you have lightweight wheels so thats no problem . and tbh maybe a decat would make a good addition to the system ( exhaust ) you have ! not that expensive either !