ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Increasing my website traffic/SEO

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Hi Chaps,
I'm wondering if some of you can shed some light for me, I have had my website live since around November last year. I have been reading articles about how to increase the amount of traffic I get through my site.

I am using google adwords which brings in some traffic and I backlink my blogs, got a good following on Facebook etc, but I am really unsure if I am going about it the right way. I am pretty busy with work and obviously the website works great for that but I want people to be finding the site and using it more.

Here is the site - www.matthewlawrencephotos.co.uk

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
Website being mobile compatible helps with Google rankings if that's any use to you.

If you've not already, read through Moz's blog. I read every new post (once a day), and it's informative, even if it covers areas you've no interest in (e.g consolidating domains, ecommerce etc).

On page SEO is important, but it's not a ranking booster, it's just one of many factors that helps. ie meta tags, alt tags, keyword density, keywords in url.

Are you using any Schema markup?

I'm on my phone, so can't check your site in detail, but a few Q's:

How old is the domain?
Are you using Google analytics?
What keywords are you ranking for?
What keywords do you want to rank for?
What is the site built in? Bespoke? WordPress?
Have you purchased any inbound links?

TTRS & V50
I don't see Google Analytics in your code, get that set-up, while your at it, set-up webmaster tools as Google traffic search queries have now been moved to there. Leave a few weeks and start look through your data.

CJ, offers sound advice above.

Looks as if the site is with SquareSpace, which is a good start, so don't worry about the code side of things.