ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inducation kit

Renault clio 1.2 16valve
I was thinking of getting an induction kit for my 1.2 16v clio 54 plate but dont now whether to, does it make much differnce or not and if so which is the best on to get cheers

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Did mine for looks only...no improvement...worse if anything.

27.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
open filter draws in hot air reducing engine power, closed/sealed filter gives slightly better throttle response, V.Small probably unnoticeable power gain, same goes for a panel filter in the standard air box, but going that route you dont get the noise that an open or closed filter gives.

if you use a relocated kit like the pic above you will loose torque due to the fact that the inlet tract is far too long, i had one and got quite a large torque increase going to a pannel filter! Relocation kit is a good idea in theory but just doesnt suit the engine.