ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction hose/elbow question

PH1_172
Hi guys need a few questions answered:

1) I have my induction kit fitted onto my 172 still on the standard induction/airbox hose/elbow pipe, do you still leave the plug thing connected to the induction elbow sprout,or do you not plug it in when your running and induction kit, i have heard it can cuase irractic idle??

2) Following on from the question above to you need the sprout off the insduction elbow??

The picture below shows what part im on about so do you need to have the plug thing into where the arrow points and if not can i use a different siilicone elbow without the sprout

Hillpower.jpg

sorry for my limited technical knowledge and using the word thingy lol :eek:

R

rich[182]

Yes, I'm sure you need to re-connect the breather pipe into the outlet on the inlet hose otherwise you've got air going into the engine thats bypassing the air filter, potentially disastrous consequences

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
This is why the Hill Power Bend is the one to have:)
When Nick gets them made they are long so you can cut them to suit your Induction Kit.

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you've got a Hillpower bend like the one in the pic connect to crankcase breather to the " sprout " ;) . If you've opted for a silicon bend without the connection for your crankcase breather you can get a small breather filter . Personally i'd just connect to the bend as in your pic .

All RS clios idle erratically .

PH1_172
thanks guys ill just buy the hillpower

Mrbillyuk: my clio idles erratically sometimes when i come to a slow stop or start to slow at a juncion it will stay a around 1.5k-2k rpm i just literally touch the accelerator and it goes back to 600rpm-900rpm

R

rich[182]

CS members £52 inc delivery & vat, not cheap, if you tell Nick @ Hillpower it's for the standard airbox he'll cut it to correct length for you, I forgot so had to cut myself

PH1_172
£52 not to bad it will make my bay lookin nicer and look much tidier then what it looks like at the moment lol, urs looks smart rich(182)

R

rich[182]

I looked at getting a Samco hose and a seperate breather filter and it would have cost approx £45 inc delivery so went with Hillpower all-in-one

Would prefer the look of the Samco though tbh