ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit for DCi?

I've got a friend / customer who is after a induction kit for his 1.5 DCi Clio , I believe is 02 reg 65bhp one!

Ive suggested a panel filter and other options and he's rather adamant that he wants a induction kit !

Can anybody suggest one that's not stupid money ? I've explain the gains will be slim to none before and like I say it's what he wants !

Just wondering what the options are before he buys some halfords kit !

cheers
Dean

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
NO to anything but a uprated filter and a re routed cold air feed.

Dci's do not like cone filters.

k&N panel filter for the dci , re route the air feed pipe to a better cold feed area. Inter cooler and map. Done

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
an 80/100 set up if you can sorce one with everything. Or probably cheaper to get a universal kit and make it all work.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
waiting til im up the other end of the country ( next week ) as all the good ones seem to be Yorkshire or surrounding area's.

DAT NOISE ;)

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Yo, thread bump. What is it that DCIs don't like about cones? And where can I get a length of pipe to run my cold feed to the grille? Cheers.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when you lift off the throttle they let out a horrible deep hum, yet on throttle they make no extra noise lol!! we tested it with a Halfords mushroom on my dci 100 for a laugh