ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit on a Turbo Vehicle?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi, I'm a little confused. I am on the brink of purchasing a 57i for my 1.2 TCE. Am I right in saying that the filter taking in hot air won't matter so much as it goes through an Intercooler anyway, would this mean its of a large benefit to a Turbo Vehicle as it frees the turbo from being restrictive? I am remapping the car next year. The reason for this is that I have an unrestrictive exhaust now and the company said I should have 104 BHP (LongLife) after the cat back exhaust has been fitted. The car is much more 'free' in picking up, but can I 'free' it up more by throwing an aftermarket induction kit in there too?

Any options would be appreciated, thanks!

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
In my opinion id go for a panel filter from KTEC that fits in your OEM air box.

Ive read on here somewhere some people put the 57i on the tce engine and it creates a constant annoying hiss because it lets the noise of the turbo spinning constantly be heard.

You wouldnt take in any more hot air than you did before anyway with an induction kit. Still same air from same place. (atmosphere)