ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kits. BMC CDA or KTR style?

Ph2 172
Hey, I've don't a few searches but I was wondering what othe people would do in my case.

i have a BMC CDA already. It's a big one I had on my saxo, not the shorter one desiged for clios.
Because of the size, it would be a pain to fit but I think it's do-able.

I also have a foam style air filter lying around along with a elbow. I'd probably need a bigger elbow to fit it like the ktec kits.

Should I fit the BMC (i dont know what people think of these) and scuff a few nuckles, or get another elbow and fit a ktec style kit?

not to fussed about super loud induction roars, I'm just a bit bored of the standard one.

Megane r26
I had a bmc on my 172 with samco elbow, didn't really rate it an there was a rise in inlet temps. Also the car felt a bit flat tbh, proffered running standard airbox with k'n panel filter an car felt better too

Ph2 172
Pic at requested....

PB130652.jpg

left to right.
Foamy filter (needs a clean!), A Apro paper filter, a Hammer (probably not a good filter but its handy for scale), BMC, and LOL filter

Last edited:
  Clio cup172
I swapped my standard air box for a carbon simota with a Samco hose came up at the right price so got it sounds great and feels slightly more responsive

Megane r26
I think this is probably what I'll go with since you don't rate the BMC.
It's a shame though. Carbon fiber and all

There's a sticky on air filters in the engine section. From reading that whilst testing those kits there were minimal gains an a few cons when compared with to the standard airbox, shows how well the standard box does for the car in standard trim. But the Ktec one an a few similar homemade efforts seen to be doing well.

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Photo-0068.jpg
Got the elbow and viper filter from member of this forum for a bargain £40, and got blue tubing from e bay for less than a tenner much more responsive