ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction noise tripled on the way home last night??!!

K4M ph2
I've had an induction kit that I made up myself fitted to my 1.6 16v fitted for around 8 months now. (Positioned the cone behind the headlight much like the ktec kit for the sports) it's been fine since I fitted it at the beginning of the year but last night on the way home it became unbearably loud! I've popped the bonnet and checked everything this morning and nothing's changed. Everything is still air tight. No holes in the cone. No difference in it at all! It's really baffled me.

Any ideas?

K4M ph2
It's gone abit rusty tbh, was only a cheap metal mesh eBay jobbie, gunna swap it over for another new one I've got and see what happens.

K4M ph2
Well this is what I'm thinking now. It all sounded like induction noise. But now it's gone totally gutless and it sounds like it could be from the manifold to cat joint. It's sounds horrible!! It's kinda odd though as when the cars stationary and I give it some revs it sounds like induction noise but when in gear and I plant my foot there's a total loss in power and it sounds like it's behind my gear stick area. Will get the garage to have a look I think

K4M ph2
What's it like while ticking over? Mines quiet then. It's just when I put my foot down its gutless and really loud!

Mondeo TDCI 130
The cat has collapsed in the exhaust! Get it sorted, mine did it, blocked the exhaust and it stopped many many years ago!

For ease if you can, disconnect the exhaust as close to the mani as you can and take it for a quick spin, will be sill loud but you should notice a power improvement. :)

K4M ph2
Ahhh bollox, that sounds about right tbh. It looks like a proper tight squeeze under there. Will get it in the garage tomorrow

K4M ph2
The cat has collapsed in the exhaust! Get it sorted, mine did it, blocked the exhaust and it stopped many many years ago!

For ease if you can, disconnect the exhaust as close to the mani as you can and take it for a quick spin, will be sill loud but you should notice a power improvement. :)

You were bang on mate, cat had disintegrated. All sorted now. Cheers for your help