ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction question for Renault Clio 1.4

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
First off, have used the search button, but still not cleared it up for me!

Basically, just wondering what the best induction kit for a bit of noise and mainly more power would be, if at all worth it..?

I have seen a few people say to keep the standard airbox, and just change the air filter to a decent one? Again is this worth it and what difference would this make?

Any advice would be appreciated... cheers !

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
Which 1.4 are we talking about?

I used to have an 8v 'energy' E7J engine and this was my findings from the same situation. I was a lowly student and wanted things faster, without spending oodles of cash.

I started with the standard box.
Then I bought a k&n replacement kit. It made a hell of a lot of noise - it sounded quite 'raspy'. Throttle response fell off though.

Then I used the regular airbox, with a steel mesh filter element. This was exactly the same noise and performance as the standard set up.

Then I got an intake from a laguna 1.8 8v spi, and mated that to a pipercross foam filter. This had a long intake tract and made a nice whistle noise. Performance was better than the k&n, and possibly sharper throttle than standard.

If you have the money, call Nick at www.hillpower.co.uk (mobile number on site) and talk to him about solutions. He got my intake temperature down by 20degrees on my current car (1.6 K7M). This had noise and performance.

(edit, just looked at your profile and see you are 16v...so this won't apply.... still worth calling Nick for a chat...)

Last edited:
  1.6 Rotrex High Comp
You could try a "green" cotton panel. They used to make a really nice noise on cars I've had with them. I know there is a Clio II 1.4 16v one if that's your motor. I bet you can get them for about £20 nowadays. K-Tec, Demon Tweeks, people like that stock them.

And welcome to the joys of modifying clios...