ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno 182 - 2118's, AD08's, B14's, Pure Motorsport

Picked up my new car on sat 11th. An inferno 182! So so, sooo happy with it, a vast improvement on the saxo vts I had before it. :D

Its in very good condition, just needs the bonnet and front bumper painted due to a deep scratch and stonechips. Just coming up to 60k, and it has a nice bit service history with it. Belts were done 4k ago. I am loving the fuel consumption too, done about 200miles and its still on half a tank. the vts would only get me 280 to nearly a full tank (about the same size) taking it easy!

As a bad point is that it doesn't have the cup dampers.

Not a lot of changes have been done just:
Miltek cat back just now (got the decat pipe to fit)
2118's in anthracite.
Apex springs

Plans, Not much really, this is my new daily car and I still have my 106 Rallye project im working on, but here goes:
get the bad points sorted out, front end respray, front brakes need doing soon.
Fit the decat pipe
Possibly change the springs out for eibach sportlines.

Right pics to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Inferno 182

Just some iphone pics just now.

Firstly the saxo:

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1

Does look great mate, glad its stayed on the forum :approve:

Looks tidy mate, was that bought from someone on here, I recognise the reg.

Yeah it was. I believe his username was Azza or something similar. It was down at Cliosport Saturday aswell.

Does look great mate, glad its stayed on the forum :approve:

Cheers.

Moar pics, just because we all love pics! Have to say, this colour really comes alive with the sun out. I love it, dare I say it more than liquid yellow now!

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

looks amazing, nothing needs doing to it unless you grow tired of the apex springs then coilovers would be a good replacement.

looks amazing, nothing needs doing to it unless you grow tired of the apex springs then coilovers would be a good replacement.

Thanks. Yeah, I might swap the springs out. Needs a new steering wheel as well though, this ones melted bad.

I didn't even realize he had it up for sale!
Lovely looking car. Take car of it! :)
Sam.

Cheers. I will take care of it don't worry. Its like the first decent car iv owned in my life. Rwally, and I mean really happy with it. Spent about 3hrs cleaning the interior, door shuts, boot shuts and engine bay. OCD ftw

I love saxos.

Pahahaha really?!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Good good.
Regarding the steering wheel.

I'm after a fresh one for mine and think I'm going to buy a 197/200 one. They do fit and you can keep all the cruise control, but its a lot smarter and smaller to.

Search on here for people with them. Looks really good!

Good good.
Regarding the steering wheel.

I'm after a fresh one for mine and think I'm going to buy a 197/200 one. They do fit and you can keep all the cruise control, but its a lot smarter and smaller to.

Search on here for people with them. Looks really good!

Im not sure what to do with the wheel yet. Doing some reading, I believe there is someone on here who retrims the wheels? Although the 197 sounds good, iv noticed that the wheel is quite big(well compared to the saxo). Ill have a look about.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A few people have moaned over the years about the size of the 'double decker bus' steering wheel and that's why they get there own track wheel with boss or upgrade to the 197/200 wheel.

They do look good imo if you get the stitching colored to.

A few people have moaned over the years about the size of the 'double decker bus' steering wheel and that's why they get there own track wheel with boss or upgrade to the 197/200 wheel.

They do look good imo if you get the stitching colored to.

I wouldn't mind a lovely OMP wheel, just I want to keep the cruise control as it is very handy! Looked at 197 wheels on ebay earlier, and they do look good so we shall see what happens.

Wind deflectors on these. Yay or nay? I was also thinking about painting the bullets anthracite like the wheels and making the writing on them orange. I feel the silver just looks out of place with the anthracite wheels.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I want wind deflectors for mine.

People on here normally buy Heko ones.

They come up for sale in the for sale section every so often.

You can get spraying of parts done by Spray Shack on here.

They have sprayed some amazing things up.

Fitted my decat this morning, sounds much better. Still quiet when driving normally around town etc, which always good tbh! Changed the exhaust mounts as well seeing as they had past their best.

Up on the ramps:

IMG_0728.jpg

De cat pipe: miltek one and nice quality.

IMG_0726.jpg

Fitted my lambda sleeve I made up at work:

IMG_0727.jpg

Old and new mounts: I wonder if the previous owner wants his sockets back? hahaha :p

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You best keep them sockets in the old mounts as you'll need them after a while! :p

Cars looking great. Did Azza not want the plate back?

You best keep them sockets in the old mounts as you'll need them after a while! :p

Cars looking great. Did Azza not want the plate back?

These ones are just temporary, will probably get some uprated ones if they make them? Like polybush kind of ones?

Cheers. Thats in process, he has the paperwork and tax disc with the old plate on, so hes going to post that up, should have it Mon/Tue.

Bought some new cleaning gear for this. Snow foam lance, snow foam and bilberry wheel cleaner. Impressed with the results of these products. When I first used the now foam it was a bit thick though, ended up on the car like cream lol. But had a play about with the settings and seem to have the hang of it now. :)

Goodies:

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

Sooo next update should involve some carbon! NOM ;)

Clio 172

Aye bought myself a 172 the other week. Better get it finished for next year. Peterborough how did you find that out?

Last edited:
  2002 Clio 172

Just seen about the steering wheel. Will that fit a 02 172 also? Looking for a smaller one but wanna keep the OEM look.

Aye bought myself a 172 the other week. Better get it finished for next year. Peterborough how did you find that out?

What colour is it? Ill have to keep an eye out for it. Haha Ill try like! But its not looking too promising for it.

A guy on 106owners put up a thread for it: http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?234094-My-new-rallye-dog

Just seen about the steering wheel. Will that fit a 02 172 also? Looking for a smaller one but wanna keep the OEM look.

I would think it would fit, im sure someone will come along and confirm though

Clio 172

Its black with 182 wheels. Is it still at the welders? Its in a fair state from when I owned it can't believe it ended up all the way down there. Why is the guy removing the box from it whats the point of buying a rallye if you don't want something low geared.

Its black with 182 wheels. Is it still at the welders? Its in a fair state from when I owned it can't believe it ended up all the way down there. Why is the guy removing the box from it whats the point of buying a rallye if you don't want something low geared.

Oh right, it wasn't you I seen last night just before the ashgrove was it? 03 Plate?

Aye every panel or arch looks a different shade of red haha. Aye a rallye is not exactly a good daily driver!

Lovely car, it was really really mint and it's nice that it's stayed on the forum.

Thanks. Yeah its still very clean, needs the bonnet sprayed though, looks like someone had keyed it or something. Think ill get the front bumper done as well, damn stonechips!

Was it on here before Arran had it?

Gave the clio a good cleaning one weekend. De-tarred, claybarred, polished then waxed with collinite 476s. A very good product, and still fairly easy to work with. I never took any before pics as I never really had the time, but there was tar everywhere. All good now though :D

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701-1.jpg

Finally got a pic of the engine bay:

IMG_0739.jpg

Obligatory beading pics after rain:

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Down at knockhill on the 16/09/12

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0732-1.jpg

And a few scenic pics seeing as I am a pic wh*ore:

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Fitted new brakes on the front at the weekend. They were quite badly needed! The old discs were like a ploughed park! I decided to go for the HC brembo discs and ferodo DS2500 pads from G172 on here (once again cheers for the great service) Now the brakes feel quite a bit better, nice bit of bite to them now, so chuffed with that.

IMG_0762.jpg

New vs old:

IMG_0763.jpg

Old pads look like they had been braking unevenly, will keep an eye on the new pads:

IMG_0764.jpg

Also the clio has gone :(

to the bodyshop! :D Getting the scratch/dent in the bonnet painted, and the front bumper painted. Pick it up Friday! Can't wait, will make the clio a lot nearer to how I want it.

IMG_0747.jpg

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

Just had a read looking good, glad to see its went to someone who takes care :approve:

I'd buy this back in a heartbeat kind of miss it lol

Just had a read looking good, glad to see its went to someone who takes care :approve:

I'd buy this back in a heartbeat kind of miss it lol

Thanks man. Means a lot to me to hear that from the previous owner! I will be taking care, no need to worry about that. :D

Ill offer it to you first then when I come to sell it. Which wont be anytime soon though! Unless I come into a large sum of money and can afford a megane 265 Trophy :evil:

2/3/13 - 64,000miles

Serviced it yesterday. New oil (Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5w-40), filter and plugs (NGK). It was by chance that the milage was 64k exactly. I dont have extreme ocd, honest! :p

Squeezed the front into the garage along with my other car, seeing as it was raining. What a job like, I want a 4 post ramp! lol

IMG_0913.gif

IMG_0912.jpg

Inlet off:

IMG_0917.jpg

Difference in plugs, old ones had quite a large gap

IMG_0919.jpg

While the inlet was off, I decided to paint it. It was something I wanted to do for a while, so thought why not do it while it was already off.

IMG_0920.jpg

I will be polishing the rest of the writing on it, but ill take into work and use the air tools. Got bored of rubbing it!

So the idle now seems to be a bit smoother, so im happy with that. :)

C+C's welcome :)

Inferno 182FF

Very nice inferno mate! I'm still in the process of getting mine where I want it. Got it booked in on the ramp monday, dropping it 40mm with apex springs, fitting new n/s driveshaft (cv knocking like s**t!) and fitting front splitter. Should be an interesting day. If I've got time might start polishing the inlet coz imo it looks immense shiny!