ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

infra red Speed cameras

i dont know how true this is, but i hear for the right dollar you can actually pay to have points taken away from your license...?! this true? if so what sort of money we talking.. not that i have any :D

as Ivan said you can pay £20 to have them taken off after 3yrs, how much would it be before the 3yr period?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

The older GATSOs dont get you if your travelling on the wrong side of the road. Ive made a few go off before early hours of the morning, and every weekend the taxi driver on the way home make em all go off (ones that work)

At night the camera probably wont get your plate due to your headlights messing up the photo, but be warned these new opes that look very similar and have no markings on the road will get you goin in both directions.

I went past one a little fast, nothing happened but im expecting something in the post, they were only up a week or so so Im hoping they werent working yet. One on the same stretch of the road is hiden behind loads of high bushes. I thought this was illegal????

Ford Fiesta

posted my form off thursday first clss sent it to Haverfordwest, with card details on it, they got it friday I got it back today saturday with sp30 (think thats what it says very messy writing).

If someone say has 2 licenses because they had thought they lost their first one then found it again if that person sent their old license to be endorsed what happens then?

what I mean is are the points all on a central database that officials or insurance can look at or just the license, if so it would be easy to get rid of them just say youve lost it and apply for a new one?

Willy2

The points are held on DVLAs database, DVLA will send out your new licence with the points you have accumilated. I believe it is very possible that your insurance CO can check with DVLA to see if you have points. I dont think it is worth the risk in lying to the insurance about the points because if they find out and you do have an accident, they will wriggle and do anything to get out of paying or sting you BIG time:eek: