ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet manifold match 182

182 cup pack
Everybody will tell you that this is the N1 mod for the money that costs and the benefits it gives.....

I've ordered it from BenR and I'm still waiting to come,so cant tell you what would it be like.....

But do a search and you'll find many topics that talk about it....

i prefer to do it before hand to save waiting around, otherwise it'll take about 3 hours to modifiy the manifold.

Trophy #473
im think of having this done too, would i just post you my inlet + money and recive a flowed inlet back... or would i have to send money + refundable deposit and recive a flowed inlet in the post, and i then send my standard one back and then get my deposit back?

nathan

Trophy #473
ah that good, definatly made it more worth while as wouldnt want to be without my car for long.
what do manifolds go for? £100?

nathan

how much if you keep my inlet and fit a flowed one, as i want it fitted ?? so want an overall price
cheers dave

Last edited:
Davehughes said:
how much if you keep my inlet and fit a flowed one, as i want it fitted ?? so want an overall price
cheers dave

fitting is only £30, price of manifold includes gaskets.

Mondeo STTDCI
Ben,

Could you do a "Whilst you wait" fitted turnaround and what gains can I expect.

Dave.

Yes, whilst you wait fitting is fine, but like i said i'd modifiy a manifold before hand so that wiating time is minimal.

Gains have prooven to be in the region of 8-13bhp before remap.

ideally you want a remap yes, but some have been running around with just the manifold on a stock airbox and have been fine. But they always remap as i pickups midrange torque.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Initinally they make a huge difference...but then the car does run a little lean. Remapped and BOOOOOOM!!!! Rapid.

blackgold megane 225 5dr
what price is it to buy outright? inc postage. can anyone give a bit more info on performance after fitting please.

182 cup pack
Hi Ben....
I know that the best are coming to those who wait :D I'm sure that after waiting so long the result would be great :p

I'd like to ask you something also that I haven't asked it since I've ordered the mani.....

We are talking about 8-13 bhp gains before remmaping and I'd like to know whether those are at the top end or at some rpm....
For example,mine is 185 at the moment;would it be lets say 193 when the inlet arrives or would it gain those 8-13 bhp at some rpm and the peak number would be the same? ?

I'd have my ecu remmaped once again when the inlet is installed no doubt about it...

Ps1: I know that my English suck so excuse me guys.....Hope you got the general idea of my question though....

Ps2:Ben after the inlet I'm going to disturb you about the cams you're about to release,so be prepared.... :D

Cheers.

Vagelis,

The gains are across the rev range, but the larger numbers tend to be at higher rpm's. BUt midrange circa 5000-6000 you can see 10bhp gains.

I cannot gaurantee what it will make on your car, as cars with higher stock outputs tend to gain less. But with a remap you should feel a big difference in the way the car drives due to large torque gains.

At the moment with the backlog no.

I wish i could do them faster, but it isnt a quick job. takes 3 hours to do one start to finish and your pretty much shafted when your finished and doing another that day will kill your hands with white finger.

Its dirty and tiresome work, so i take my time and make sure they are the best.

182 cup pack
BenR said:
Vagelis,

The gains are across the rev range, but the larger numbers tend to be at higher rpm's. BUt midrange circa 5000-6000 you can see 10bhp gains.

I cannot gaurantee what it will make on your car, as cars with higher stock outputs tend to gain less. But with a remap you should feel a big difference in the way the car drives due to large torque gains.

Ok Ben got the point...

As for the output it was 170 when I first measured it so I think that the gains would be enormous :D

Now I have a reprogrammed ecu and a K&N panel and gone 185...
Thanks for replying...

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah thats what i want inletr matching, and remap, was hopeing for an IK but not sure whether to stick with the ITG panel filter or not

I'd fully recommend Nick Hill (Hillpower) in supplying a modified inlet manifold for the 182. His knowledge on tuning is fantastic, and he is a very approachable guy. Turnaround was under a week for supply and postage.

I personally would not bother with any of the other companies advertising manifold tuning on cliosport. Without wishing to slate any particular tuning company, I had been waiting since April for a modified inlet from another supplier who, for whatever reason, appeared to come up with various excuses for not being able to supply one. I gave up in the end and went to Hillpower..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Nick is a very knowledgeable and experienced engineer. I like him and he runs a good business...But without licking 'Ben-gina's' arse he knows considerably more about flow and engine dynamics than most. Stick to his work and wait. Mine was Very worth it. RR soon.

Joolz182 said:
I'd fully recommend Nick Hill (Hillpower) in supplying a modified inlet manifold for the 182. His knowledge on tuning is fantastic, and he is a very approachable guy. Turnaround was under a week for supply and postage.

I personally would not bother with any of the other companies advertising manifold tuning on cliosport. Without wishing to slate any particular tuning company, I had been waiting since April for a modified inlet from another supplier who, for whatever reason, appeared to come up with various excuses for not being able to supply one. I gave up in the end and went to Hillpower..

Have to say I would wait for Ben's he seems far more knowledgable about flow and engine harmonics then any other tuner I have come accross!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine is quite agressive @ 5k now, every passenger has commentated on it recently ;)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
theduckeatspork said:
Have to say I would wait for Ben's he seems far more knowledgable about flow and engine harmonics then any other tuner I have come accross!
why what work have you had done by the tuners to compare?nick used to work for formula 1 and has been in the game 30 years so i would say his knowledge is quite high,i remember people saying theres no point porting the inlet manifold so they've changed there tune