ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlets...Matched, Gas Flowed or Ported/Polished???

C3 Picasso Beast
What would be best then and what's the difference??

Currently on the car I have a set of JMS/APD matched inlets.

I now also have;

A set of ported/polished (bottom one is RS stamped) inlets.

An upper inlet that has had the runners gas flowed and enlarged, and also the throttle body opening enlarged and the steps removed/smoothed.

The thought was I was going to get one of the two above sprayed/powder coated then simply swap them for the matched inlets that are on the car.

So as the first question states what would be best on the car and what exactly is the difference??

I really have no idea and kind of buy stuff on a whim :eek:

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
same thing with different marketing words thrown at it. The important part is the joins being matched. If you have 2 different shapes bolted together you may aswell re-fit standard

C3 Picasso Beast
So like that then the upper inlet I bought on it's own is kind of pointless unless I get a lower matched to it???

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
couldn't tell you without measuring it up. Might be alright.

What you have however works well. I still have the black VHT paint I got in for you to paint yours

C3 Picasso Beast
I need to get booked in with you at some point really but no idea when at the moment! Need a fairly bad knocking looking at from the front end, the suspension adjusting to a more track based setup, the bonnet fitting that I asked about and also the reverse sensor sorting.