ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inner o/s/f drive shaft gaiter! Help

Clio 172
Hi guys, last week i stuck coilovers on my car! i never set the height right and it was low and i had to shot off somewhere, well when i came back 3 days later after a long drive my inner cv boot was gone lol, yes and i know that is my own fault because i never set the ride height! so i went to the garge to get the cv boot replaced which they did, i picked the car up and about a mile away i could hear a ticking noise from the (o/s wheel) so i got home and had a look jacked the car up and the big clip closest to the gearbox was loose and i just pulled it off it is in 1 piece still. im just not sure if it was the garge and they never tightened it enough or never or it is because my car is lowered, but i have raised the car before i took it to the garage and the wheels are about 1 and half to 2cm above the arch!
but when i had it jacked up, the boot did look close to the engine or what ever it is lol! and maybe that might of been the reason for it to come loose, i know when you lower your car things like this will happen but its not as low as some cars on here. i just dont know what to do?????

Cheers quys!

Cro

Meg'd r27
I didnt think you could replace the o/s inner cv boot because it's inside a metal casing? Was it replaced and looks the exact same as before?