ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing AMP installing REMOTE Wire (Blue) MK2 Clio!

Renault Clio MK2
Hey everyone,

I'm having some problem installing my amp remote cable which connects to the remote cable on my head-unit, I can't find any wiring diagrams around, I have tapped into what I thought was the remote cable (The red cable) The amp has power and works fine, but doesn't turn off when the ignition is tuned off its on 24/7 and drawn power from the battery constantly, which i don't want, I have included two pictures in this post which you could look at and maybe help me out. I have a Renault Clio MK2 1.2 8v (YEAR: 2002) An y help would be great thanks (I want my amp to turn off when my ignition is off)

20140613_122412.jpg
20140613_122439.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I presume you have attached to to the red before the bullet connector as the red going into stereo should be ignition feed, which if you stereo goes on/off fine would mean that the yellow (before bullet connector) would be ignition. So switch the remote to the yellow, or it looks like there is a blue remote there too (6 and half a dozen)