ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing Components Help

RS Clio 182

Can anyone tell me what wiring is required if I wanted to install a new set of components in the front of my car? Can I use the existing wiring and is there much cutting and joining of wires for the crossovers?

Cheers

That depends on whether you will be running them off an amp or not. If not then it will be easier to do but wont be as good as amping them.

To connect them without amping them its just a case of taking the existing speaker wires off and putting them into the crossovers on the components. Then connect up the midbass driver to the designated section and run a tweeter cable from the crossover to whereever you want the tweeter.

There you go, bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt.

If you want a description of how to do it with an amp then i can do.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

http://www.evilice.co.ukwww.evilice.co.uk

Unfortunately its a case of either getting the drill out and making holes in the side of the door by the hinge or drilling a hole inside the grommet for the electric window switch cables etc and feeding it through but that way is a nightmare and takes a long time to get right.

It will be much easier when Infra Red or RF speaker technology makes its way into the car market..no more cables to thread through awkward places....suits me fine that.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

What i did for my speaker cable is brought it out of a gromit down the bottom of the door and then cut a hole in the rubber gromit to put the cable through.