ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

installing components

Megane 225 F1
do i have to take the dash of to fit the tweeters or can put them with the speaker as there was a bracket to hold them next to the speaker in the box they came with.

also would you recomend upgrading the speaker wire? i will be running them from my amp in the boot.

cheers

Clio 182 , AX VTS
you can do it without taking the dash off but its much easier to just take it off, its not a big job and there is a guide some where on here I think. How are you planning to use the existing speaker wire, it wont be long enough to reach from the boot

Megane 225 F1
i mean taking some wire that i have left over from the installation kit from my sub, and running that down to the front. but not sure how to get that into the door

If its the correct guage then dont see why not, as for getting it into the door, you gotta go through the gromit in the foot well (also in the guides section so im told)

Clio 182 , AX VTS
There is a gromit in the footwell/door which you can put the wire through it's akward though if not you can drill a small hole and do it that way, if you do that though you'll need to put something on the paint to stop any bits of rust

Ph1 track 172
also,

i wouldnt suggest mounting your tweeters next to the cone,

because then youve paid for components and basically got coaxials lol,
the tweeter is separate so that you can mount it closer to your ears lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yup, A-Pillar is a good place to mount them, with a slight tilt towards you.

Yes it requires a little fabrication but well worth the bit of effort/money and is a big improvement over the standard tweeter location which fires the sound at the windscreen :rolleyes:

vaux cavalier
also,

i wouldnt suggest mounting your tweeters next to the cone,

because then youve paid for components and basically got coaxials lol,
the tweeter is separate so that you can mount it closer to your ears lol

Just to point out, most speaker manufacturers recommend you fit the tweeter as close to the mid as possible, (usually within 12"), however, in most cars this isn't possible....

Tweeter positioning & aiming can totally change how a car sounds, most audiophiles opt for 'A' pillar mounted, cross firing tweeters aimed at the opposing front door windows....

Ph1 track 172
Just to point out, most speaker manufacturers recommend you fit the tweeter as close to the mid as possible, (usually within 12"), however, in most cars this isn't possible....

Tweeter positioning & aiming can totally change how a car sounds, most audiophiles opt for 'A' pillar mounted, cross firing tweeters aimed at the opposing front door windows....

the best place to mount a tweeter from a sound quality point of view is in the centre of the cone, however the design of most door cards means the tweeter would push high pitch soundwaves into your legs, which would be more than thick enough to absorbe said sound waves,

hence the development of component, though i heard it was 24" you should mount them, i wasnt suggestin mountin them in the boot lol, just a little bit away from the mids so that you accually hear them

more explainin for the rest of CS as im sure u already knew that wallop :quiet: