ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Instrument panel fault - 172

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hey everyone.

Long time since I’ve posted on here, finally got a proper 172 after having to let my old 1.2 go :)

Extremely happy with it so far. It's on a 53 plate, and done 39K miles.

I've only had it for 5 weeks now, and since I’ve had it, there has been a problem with the dash panel. When starting the car, all of the needles (Speedo, revs, fuel, temp etc) all flicker for roughly 2 seconds, then return to their stoppers, then I start the car once all of the 'serv' lights go out. However once I then come to a stop, if I turn the car off, the needles stay where they are. For example the rev needle stays stuck at roughly 900 RPM, the fuel and temp gauges stay where they are also. They then stay there until the next start up, which I’ve found a bit strange. I was wondering if anyone else has experience a similar problem?

I’m also having a bit of a problem with the auto wipers, but will try a solution from the tech guides section first (Y).

The only other thing recently that’s been happening, is the car will just 'turn over' when trying to start, and make very little effort to actually fire up. When this happens I normally take the key out and start again, and it’s fine. I’m thinking possible TDC sensor fault?

If anyone could lend a bit of advice on these bits and bobs it would be very appreciated :)

Thanks

Gaz