ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance 172

ClioIII 138 S
Hey all, been looking at buying 172 or maybe 172 conversion and was wondering whos the youngest on here to own a 172 and what was the insurance like. got quoted bout 2000 for when i turn 19 with years no claims lol

Ben_p had one at 18 paids £3k insurance I think.

I wouldn't pay that much for insurance ever £1k is silly money let alone any more.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Insured at 19 for £941, without any no-claims through elephant. Shot through the roof when I declared alloys, exhaust and viper kit.

Clio 1.4 16v
i got a quote the other day on one for a laugh, oh atually it was the 182, but it was £1600!!

im 21 and would never as mentioned pay more than £1000, no matter how much i liked the car!

Clio 172 mk2

I wouldn't pay that much for insurance ever £1k is silly money let alone any more.

3k for insurance:eek:

TBH I wouldn't pay over 1k for any car....that's just wasting money

ClioIII 138 S

lol well i have no choice all my quotes came up over 1.5k when i was 17 i even tried that little 600cc car for a joke forgot name now :p that came up like 1.4k lol. I got quoted 1.7k for my 1.4 8v which was cheapest i could find but i got pass plus and my mum works at ASDA so got 10% off too. But my alloys and suspension soon canceled them out lol

ClioIII 138 S
i would never pay that much. My mate (17yrs old) is paying 3150 for insurance on his saxo vtr... how mad? lol guess i will be buying a 1.6 next year when i get my years no claims. Thanks for your comments

Silver 172 Ph1
21 with 3 Yrs £1100 with Adrian Flux. 30mm lowered but no performance mods. Shockingly expensive :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol can't believe mines only £901 and i have no no claims

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Direct line, fully comp, all the extras, i live in the middle of nowear though.

fiesta 1.25
I will be going on my mums insurance as im only 18 and best i could find on others was around 2500 i did it on barcleys and got qoated £950 fully comp 7 no claims and me as a second driver who has been driving one year.Is very cheap not sure if it will be cheap for any of you though.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
when it comes to a bump. the odds of them paying out are next to none.. and u will still have no ncb after all the years on her policy

ClioIII 138 S
Think it was Sabre, but been told bout a company that will beat any quote ive had... so will try them