ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Cheapest Company

Guys,

Ive got a 2002 1.2 16v Expression+ 3-dr. Im 19, have one years no claims, no convistions, 2 accidents (One my fault one not) and the cheapst quote ive been able to get is like £1480 without any modifications?

Mods

K-Tec Exhaust, PiperX induction kit, tinted windows, lowered 60mm on 17inch alloys.

Does anyone know where I can get a realistic quote from? People keep telling me £2000 sir! Fcuk that.

Im 18..and in my second year with 1 years NCB Directline/Tesco offered under £2000. However unless i was 21 they wouldnt allow any modifications apart from in car entertainment..

I had no choice but to go with Frizzell/Liverpool Victoria who dont charge for modifications but the premium was over £3000. I joined the CSMA and got a 30% discount though.

-Rob

Shop around, Im paying 1100 FC for my 1.4 at 18! first car. Thats with Norwhich Union, mind that was greatly helped with pass pluss.

Also are they phone quotes?

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Im on my bros insurance. im 18 with no NCB using 1 of my bros. all mods delcared valued at 4500 on the valver and i pay £1200 full comp with elephant.

my insurance needs to be renewed this friday, best quote so far was from elephant.

me :- 23yrs old, 5yrs NCB, Clean license,

the car :- 2.0ltr 16v + stage 1 mods declared.

The price :- £575

Very good i thought.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

Try elephant !! then get adrian flux to beat the price thats wheat i did!!

22 £785 on my willy 3

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 10 November 2003

mine was FC Glenn - but i think im alittle older then u? So that sounds about right m8.
Yeah you got a good couple of years on me i spose!! lol ;)

...Though you do live in the shady ghettos of Bas-Vegas!!! :p lmao

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Try HIC (Herts Insurance Consultants) on 08451 290290.

Im a fair bit older than you, but they cut my previous quote by half and they are pretty good with modifications too.

James

well i obviously cam up trumps with frizzell they gave me 50% introductory o claims but i think that may include csma discount, aged 20 no no claims i accident seriouslymy fault ie destroyed car. premium was £1100. Have you tried increasing your excess?

Skoda Fabia vRS

you must be mad mate

try Liverpool Victoria on 0800 514 514

HIC are also worth a try, i wouldnt go with Flux myself

Quote: Originally posted by James Clio 16v on 10 November 2003

Try HIC (Herts Insurance Consultants) on 08451 290290.
Phone them on 01279 719 932 instead and ask for Phil.

Daz will tell you how cheap they are.........

Definetly HCI and Phil.

Ive been getting quotes on my 1.2.. Im 20 with No NCD..

Most ranged from £1400 -> £2000.. Endsleigh were ok at £1100 or something cus of being a student.

Phill quoted £780 with track cover, like for like on mods, stereo insurance the lot.. very cool.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

HIC are just very slow in paying up. 4 months in my case, and its still not all sorted!! wont be using them again.

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 10 December 2003

HIC are just very slow in paying up. 4 months in my case, and its still not all sorted!! wont be using them again.
I thought thered be a catch to how cheap they were! :cry:

I WOULD SAY TESCO, I ONLY PAY £680 FOR MY CAR ITS VALUED AT 15k.

I AM ONLY 21

THE ONLY SNAG IS THAT THEY WONT INSURE ICE FOR MORE THAN 1K

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

HIC also do agreed values so if youre car is heavilly modded thats the only way youll get a decent pay out if its written off/damaged unless you can find someone wholl replace modded parts with modded after an accident. And i think HIC are usually good, but the problems lie with highway who most/all of the policies are with, HIC are just brokers. Id feel better going with HIC rather than Flux anyway, from the stories ive heard at least HIC seem more helpful than Flux.

http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com really is an excellent service when looking for insurance. I stuck with tesco when renewing this year as I couldnt be arsed with spending hours declairing all my mods again, although a couple of places provided cheaper quotes.

Tesco - £870 (including coutesy car) fully comp.

Im 20, 2yrs no claims, no points. 1.4 8v clio W reg with extensive extensive extensive mod list.

I orignally had my insurence with Diect Line, got some alloys, rang em upa dn told em - "sorry we wont insure u wiht alloys on ur car if ur under 21" If i quoted my responce to this i think i would be banned from the forums for life, lets just say i wasnt pleased.

I was now in the position of having nice phat alloys...but i couldnt drive the damn car, after two days of phoning around insurence compnayies and gettting quotes if £2000, i was recommended CIS (part of Co-op), they quoted me £800.

At that point i was 18 wiht 10 months NCD, the £800 was fully comp in me mas name.

Cup 172

when i whacked my 17s on, rang tescos to tell em, the guy wasnt interested. but i am over 21 and the car had alloys on when i bought it so..