ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Clio 172

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anyone know any decent places for 172 insurance ?

27 years old 4 years no claims, Clean License.

I keep hearing Adrian flux from the guys on here but came out quite expensive for the 200, just shop around mate

Iceberg 172
Just do the gocompare.co.uk, confused.com etc as they'll all come out differently for different people.

Iceberg 172
My tip is don't use comparison websites.

I used to say this... but... 3 people recently (within the last month) have all received renewal quotes... all of them have basically doubled. All of them have jumped on comparison sights and got it for less than the original policy price.

Use the comparison sites and then negotiate from there... play companies off each other.

Unless you know of any other reason not to use them and spend half a day ringing around 10 different company's giving them all your details over and over again????

Stripped yozza'd cup
You gotta shop around.... People seem to get inexplicably different quotes from the same company, same car, similar age etc.

Abarth 595
direct line for me. im 21 with 4 years no claims and mine is £990 with full breakdown cover (about £100 cheaper without, and cheaper again if i didnt pay monthly).

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I used to say this... but... 3 people recently (within the last month) have all received renewal quotes... all of them have basically doubled. All of them have jumped on comparison sights and got it for less than the original policy price.

Use the comparison sites and then negotiate from there... play companies off each other.

Unless you know of any other reason not to use them and spend half a day ringing around 10 different company's giving them all your details over and over again????

I'd say they where paying to much in the first place. I always check the comparison websites but my best quotes have never come from them.

Iceberg 172
I'd say they where paying to much in the first place. I always check the comparison websites but my best quotes have never come from them.

Yeah probably... but all my best quotes in recent years have been from comparison sites... I do think they're useful but you're right, you should then shop around.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive been with admiral for years were the only company to insure me at 17 on my 172 and now at 21 and 4yrs ncb im £600 on my 172 and £280 on my GT DCi

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Hi mate i will give you a call, i used to ave my FTO insured with you about 5 years ago

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Best ive had is £550 i'm 28 and have 4 years NCB to go on this car. My 200sx turbo and my BMW 330ci M sport Convertible are both cheaper than this to insure !

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i find money super market gives cheaper quotes for the same companies as other comaprison sites

Clio 172 Phase 1
Try Brentacre. They were cheapest for me by a long way, plus you don't pay extra for mods aslong as power at the fly doesn't increase.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

clio 172
Adrian Flux are the bis ! I am 28 and insured with them and i get to drive any other car long as i dont own it

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
i cant believe my E46 330CI M SPORT is £350 to insure this year but the clio is £550 with the same details !