ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance companies, Who will let me lower my car by 60mm!?

Punto Evo Abarth
hyello, i rang couple places up bout insuramce for my car, ive just ordered some new shocks and springs, but alot of the companoes wont insure me with lower than 35 mm drop?! as im only 17 insurance is a killer for me anyway, does anyone know of some good comapnies which will let me lower it by 60mm and still be resoanbly cheap, thanks.

Golf GTI 1.8T
It doesn't matter to the company how low the drop is, all they wanna know is thats its lowered and how much the new suspensions worth. how much it costs is what they base their price on along with age, car and other factors obviuosly. I'm with Tesco and they wanted about £170 extra I think.

Punto Evo Abarth
mitchzxr said:
It doesn't matter to the company how low the drop is, all they wanna know is thats its lowered and how much the new suspensions worth. how much it costs is what they base their price on along with age, car and other factors obviuosly. I'm with Tesco and they wanted about £170 extra I think.

It does matter how much, a couple of companies i rang said how much by, for a small car they will only go up to 35, larger ones about 55.

Yep some companies ask how much. Eelephant won't cover over a certain drop in some cases.
Try Adrin flux there usually good or Elephant (I think its 50mm the rule) or Tesco there good as well.

Clio 172mk2
when i added my coiloovers to me insurence i just stated the brand of the coilovers n type

never mentioned the car would look lower