ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance from a 182 to a 172 Cup?

1eight2
As above, im considering changing my 182 for a 172 cup

Since its a cup are they considered a higher insurance group therefore more £££ or would they most likely just change the details on my policy?

I would assume most would change over for an admin fee but the lack of ABS puts some insurers off. The only way to know is give them a ring?!

Dan

172 track thingy
Nope iirc the cup is a group higher and plus the risk rating of the cup is higher due to the price being so low therefore available to people who don't care about them and just write them off :S

For me the diff was about 400-500 quid at the age of 20 :S

1eight2
I would assume most would change over for an admin fee but the lack of ABS puts some insurers off. The only way to know is give them a ring?!

Thanks for the advice,

Just checked on parkers and they are both group 31 so hopefully not. I tried calling them this morning and I was on hold for over 10 minutes before I even spoke to them! :(

ph1 172
Before I got my 182 FF I was looking at 172 cups and they were cheaper for me to insure than the 182?!
I got all my quotes from confused.com and the 182 that I have now is around £80 per annum more expensive.