ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Q on exhausts.

I need a new back box, and I can get hold of a Magnex one for £50 nearly new. (£180 new)

Question is, I checked with insurance, and they said I can change it as long as it doesn't improve performance.

Now, I'm thinking that just a back box won't do anything for performance, just make it sound chavvy, and look chavvy lol.

But I just want to check if anyone knows whether it would be classed as adding performance.

If it does, I shall just get a Renault one, but just thought that it's something different.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My insurance company asked the same , was for a full system though . I just told them the guys at Powerflow said no more than 2 bhp . They seemed fine with that , lol .

Well if a full system will give 2bhp, then just a back box may give half a break if that.

I think I will go ahead and get it, they said as long as it didn't increase the performance, then it's fine, but cannot have performance mods until 25. I told them it looked different, and sounded different, performance was all they cared about.