ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance quotes - strange

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've been using GoCompare for a few rough insurance quotes come renewal time on various cars I've been looking at, and each time I get a quote for ANYTHING there is a company called MayFairOnline that quote £477.00 every time!

So going from a 182, FRS, Evo8, R34 GTR, 996 turbo, C63 AMG, RS4 etc...

Is this legit?!
Someone else have a go and see what comes up!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
540e65fc-fd8c-47c9-a283-0d08b51a0a55_zps0743590b.gif

Nissan 350z
I'd stay clear. Its obviously just some scheme to get them more referals and therefore a bigger fee for GoCompare.

Out of interest are you not going the broker route; Greenlight, Brentacre and such?

Nissan 350z
Much cheaper if you are lucky enough to qualify! But I assume thats how they manage to be so cheap, by being selective on who they accept.

172 Cup
I heard something about people setting up scam insurance companies, they target young drivers give them a really good price (so you go with them) but don't actually insure the car.. so people are driving round uninsured but think they are covered.

just be careful, if its too good to be true it usually is :dapprove:

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
brentacre are a great insurance company and insure all none hp boosting mods for no extra cost i find them exelent been cheapest for me past 2 years

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
For the record I'm with Sky and very happy with them, was just for an idea on prices come renewal next year.

clio 172 cup
know this is old thread but may help some people:
Its a sale tatic much like ones found on auto trader where a car is up for £300 the you read the ad and it goes price is actually £7300 ect they do it so you click on them then they rack it up i had simiar experience rang them to double checked before i put my card details in and they could take what they want to find out it was £300 more than they quoted as they only give estimate quotes...