ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance RE: Cup Packs

Hi all,

I bought a 182 today and am picking it up next Saturday :) Cant wait!

The only problem is my insurance company (Admiral) are being funny about the cup pack it has. It only has the spoiler and splitter cup pack however my insurance company reckon they are modifications???? They said they will insure me on a 182 no probs, but they wont insure a modified car? WTF?

Has anyone else has an experience of this???

silver cup packed FF 182
some insurance companies do quirey this alot for some reason as you said they think its modifications that has been done to the car where its a factory fitted option,im going to insure mine when i get one on-line but either can insure a ff clio as a cliosport 182cup or cliosport 182?

Well I've sorted out the insurance now, just told them it was a 182 with no modifications.

At the end of the days theres no way of drawing a line as to what an optional extra is otherwise we'd be declaring air conditioning and stuff like that.

Focus ST-2
optional extras are like mods, they have to be declared even if they are factory fitted. look at mini's they have loads of different packs you can declare, same thing really, just the insurance companys haven't got there finger out. Adding the cup packs, well the suspension one anyway you are changing the way the car handles. i declared them and i think i was charged an extra 20 pounds, but they state car will be put back to standard only.

M135i, 118 coupe
this has confused me now.What full fat (ff)? ive got the cup pack,suspen,spoiler wheels ectt.... on my 182 but was unsure weather to ensure it as a 182 sport or 182 cup???

182taunton said:
this has confused me now.What full fat (ff)? ive got the cup pack,suspen,spoiler wheels ectt.... on my 182 but was unsure weather to ensure it as a 182 sport or 182 cup???
Full fat is what people call the none Cup cars.

Renault made the
172 normal one (called the full fat with the zeons etc)
172 Cup which was a lower spec 172 no zeons or side airbags etc.
182 normal one (called the full fat with the zeons etc) but you could order it with Cup suspension and spolier packs
182 Cup which was a lower spec than the normal 182 no leather seats no zeons but it had the same Cup suspension and spolier packs as standard.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm with Adrian Flux , told em it had both cup packs and they understood what i mean't , didn't charge any extra . Bit of a con if you have to pay extra for cup packs if you ask me .

artic blue 182
MRBILLYUK said:
I'm with Adrian Flux , told em it had both cup packs and they understood what i mean't , didn't charge any extra . Bit of a con if you have to pay extra for cup packs if you ask me .

i got a good quote off them yesterday wondered if they would charge me for cup packs...cheers mate:D

Admiral wanted to charge me £150 last year for the packs told em to shove it :mad:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
There are lots of people on here who have declared their Cup Packs. Afterall its optional extra so the company will try and make you pay for them.

I had to declare my stripes on my Cup!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Aberclio182 said:
optional extras are like mods, they have to be declared even if they are factory fitted. look at mini's they have loads of different packs you can declare, same thing really, just the insurance companys haven't got there finger out. Adding the cup packs, well the suspension one anyway you are changing the way the car handles. i declared them and i think i was charged an extra 20 pounds, but they state car will be put back to standard only.
see now that is ridiculous, why should you pay ectra to insure an option when they won't give it you back if the car is replaced, thats stupid.

The whole point of declaring options is so that you get that spec back if anything happens, if you don't declare them you get a standard car back.

You do need to declare mods as they are not as they car left the factory.

I did mine online and declared no mods, didn't ask me if i had any options on it so i didn't declare. I made the mistake of asking the insurance if i needed to declare them last year and they then charged me £150 more for the cup suspension, but thats only becuase they don't know what it is and count is as a mod between £200 and £500 so i told them to stuff it, they hadn't got a clue what they were doing.

You should not pay extra to insure the cup packs, if your insurance tries to charge you then change companies. I am with FIrst Alternative.

Focus ST-2
dave182 said:
see now that is ridiculous, why should you pay ectra to insure an option when they won't give it you back if the car is replaced, thats stupid.

The whole point of declaring options is so that you get that spec back if anything happens, if you don't declare them you get a standard car back.

You do need to declare mods as they are not as they car left the factory.

I did mine online and declared no mods, didn't ask me if i had any options on it so i didn't declare. I made the mistake of asking the insurance if i needed to declare them last year and they then charged me £150 more for the cup suspension, but thats only becuase they don't know what it is and count is as a mod between £200 and £500 so i told them to stuff it, they hadn't got a clue what they were doing.

You should not pay extra to insure the cup packs, if your insurance tries to charge you then change companies. I am with FIrst Alternative.

mate couldn't care less that they charged me extra it was 20 pounds , nothing basically, i would much rather know that my car is fully insured than taking the risk of invaildating my insurance.

Declaring optional extra's does not mean you will get them supplied again if you damage your car. They are a modification from the standard specification of the car factory fitted or not.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Aberclio182 said:
mate couldn't care less that they charged me extra it was 20 pounds , nothing basically, i would much rather know that my car is fully insured than taking the risk of invaildating my insurance.

Declaring optional extra's does not mean you will get them supplied again if you damage your car. They are a modification from the standard specification of the car factory fitted or not.

As long as you declare the cup packs then there's no problem , i just don't think you should pay more as they are factory fit items not aftermarket , and from what i've read on here i bet the majority of 182's have cup packs , so its now like its something the shouldn't have heard of before .

Ford Mustang 5.0
We also don't charge any more for the Cup Packs on the Clio 182. We know they are factory options but note them on the modifications sections so that our "like for like" cover would replace them in a accident.

If you would like a quote please input your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance