ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance re-newed

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Well after getting my renewal through from direct line at over 1500 quid (was 960 last year) I thought it was time to shop around.
Tried the guys on here (sky, chris knott) but had no luck, so gave brentacre a call. Its cost me £1049. Im 25, 1 years NCB and 1 SP30. I've also got unlimited mods + engine mods upto 180bhp, and EU cover.

Next cheapest was elephant at £914 but that was before i'd declared any modifications + is only a 10 month policy

Good deal or not? I've always said i'd never pay over a grand for insurance but its close enough for me.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Well after getting my renewal through from direct line at over 1500 quid (was 960 last year) I thought it was time to shop around.
Tried the guys on here (sky, chris knott) but had no luck, so gave brentacre a call. Its cost me £1049. Im 25, 1 years NCB and 1 SP30. I've also got unlimited mods + engine mods upto 180bhp, and EU cover.

Next cheapest was elephant at £914 but that was before i'd declared any modifications + is only a 10 month policy

Good deal or not? I've always said i'd never pay over a grand for insurance but its close enough for me.

Jesus Christ, Do you live in Bagdad or something!

At 28 I was only Paying £500 with Brentacre Fully Comp all mods covered in a North London area.

Mine up for renewal in April 11, i hope its not gone up to much!

Last edited:
Am 25, 5 years ncb, mods declared, got gf who is 22 on the policy as well and pay £750.

Without the gf its bout £500.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
try greenlight mate, they were ace with me

Well I did ring greenlight, but they now no longer quote over the phone apparently, only online...so I went on their website to get a quote, filled in all my details, to then be told my quote would be emailed to me (usually within an hour it said), but after waitin for 4 hours for it to come I thought sod it and went with brentacre. If greenlight come back to me considerably cheaper with the same deal on mods, then I'll look into cancelling and changing to them

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

At 28 I was only Paying £500 with Brentacre Fully Comp all mods covered in a North London area.

ST4 must be a higher risk postcode? Sky told me I'd have to have 2 years ncb for them to insure me within my postcode

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I put Sky vs Flux and they matched, £420 fully comp all mods declared including the cage, 8 year no claims though. £40 cheaper than last year :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
^ I'm not sure mate, their website might tell ya?

edit: i've just had a look and it doesnt mention age anywhere

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
They're worth a shot. I was pleasantly suprised that its only power increasing mods that incur extra premiums, anything else is free. Was expecting a major hike once I mentioned coilovers and uprated brakes, but no, all free :)

Last time I spoke to them (when I was 19) they wanted you to have 1 years NCB in your own name/policy and also have experience of a high performance car(if thats what you are insuring).

Cool i will have 1 years NCB and its only my 1.2 so nothing high performance here. Cheers for the help.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bargain. Is that with all mods declared etc?. Im with Brentacre and found them to be the cheapest. Although i didnt try Greenlight

Dan

Your about to get fucked in the ass mate.

Mine was £502 last year. Fully specced policy with all the bells etc etc. Me and the Mrs 29 this year, 6 years NCB, A rated postcode.

Renewal...... £762!! Best I can get the same policy is £718!

Gutted.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Your about to get fucked in the ass mate.

Mine was £502 last year. Fully specced policy with all the bells etc etc. Me and the Mrs 29 this year, 6 years NCB, A rated postcode.

Renewal...... £762!! Best I can get the same policy is £718!

Gutted.

Oh goodie, i need to move up a power band as well with Brentacre from 180bhp limit to 200.

Not something I need to worry about until May anyway