ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal shock!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I've come to the end of my first year insuring the 182. I was dreading the renewal coming through as I'm currently paying about £129 a month and this was with 2 months free - an offer Direct Line had at the time when I took the policy out.

So I was expecting it to stay the same or possible increase.

I'm 22, 2 years no claims (had to claim Feb 2010)!

So, you'd imagine my shock when I opened my renewal and it has dropped to £82 per month!

£47 a month saving... £570 a year!
And then taking into account the 2 months I had free... Makes it a saving of £830!! (round figures!)

I thought insurance was supposed to be increasing???!

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I was going to shop around, but think I'll stop where I am!

I think I am. Didn't order any tickets though, so will be a pay on the gate jobby! Really want to go though.

Just seen the pics you've put up of yours! Looks sweet! Hardly recognised it. Looks like a completely different car. You pleased with it all?!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Direct line are ok until you tell them you want to modify. Then you'll have to take down your pants, write a blank cheque and leave your credit card with them. Robbing f*****s!!!

C1 VTR (Company Car)
£82 pm is £984

He is saying he's saving £570 a year from what he paid last year.

Anyway nice one, wish I could insure a RS. gotta wait 2 and a half years yet before my insurance drops enough.

Clio 197
My renewal was £500. £614 last year. I'm now 25 though so I guess that makes a difference. My finacee's came down about £85 too (after I told them I'd got a quote online about £80 less than her renewal). Must be decreasing :S

Rocket 3,CB-1,Yaris
Wait till you get married, the missus is with Direct Line and when she added me onto her's we qualified for "spousal discount" :)