ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Insurance Renewal*

VX220
ha i was 20 when i took out my insurance and got fully comp for £470! get off your arse and find a cheaper quote...in your own name! funniest thread in a while.

Also found this through the awards thread.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. "I'm insured to drive it". No, you really really REALLY aren't/weren't, and you wouldn't/won't have found out until you binned it and tried to claim and got big f**k-off tablet and got put in front of a judge as a brucie bonus lol :)

IQ tests should be part of the driving test TBH.

clio rs
buy a group 1 or 2 insurance car - get it insured for dead cheap - include in ur policy that u can drive any other car 3rd party - & just start driving the clio RS - while ur at it ur building up ur NCB and enjoying ur clio 172 RS every1s a winner.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
buy a group 1 or 2 insurance car - get it insured for dead cheap - include in ur policy that u can drive any other car 3rd party - & just start driving the clio RS - while ur at it ur building up ur NCB and enjoying ur clio 172 RS every1s a winner.

That won't work unless the other car is owned and insured by someone else.

S4 Avant

Until you crash the RS Clio...

Car insurance is there for a reason

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

He cant do that eaither ;)

Can only drive another car 3rd party in an emergency situation normally.

And most companies say you need to be over 25.

The car must also be fully insure and not belong to you....

So stuffed either !

J

joker182

Insurance Contracts are contracts of "Utmost Good Faith" which bluntly means you each come to the table with your cards openly shown. If you deliberately misinform your insurance company about "Material Facts" under a policy then they have the right to refuse payment of the claim or void the policy from inception ( void ab initio).
Usually in these circumstances insurers will have to foot the bill for any third party claim because the Road Traffic Act dictates they have to , but they will try and reclaim any outlay off you.
Is it Insurance fraud? Probably not but one which lawyers would argue over.
My advice would be to shop around, maybe go TP only?
Could you lay the car up part of the year and just insure it for Road Risks for say 3 months of the year?
I'm really sorry your in a bit of a jam with the insurance and maybe cant afford it.
Hope you can resolve it . Joker182

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

How dumb:S

How about the tard just stops trying to punch above his weight and do what the rest of us had to do. Get a f**king car that you can afford to run and insure properly.

Muppet's:nono:

PH1 iceburg
Awesome how this thread has fired up all this rage and unbeleivable points of view about how drivers are willing to cheat to get insurance, again LOL

clio 182 + cup packs
cant belive some people, how thick posting up that your commiting insurance fraud, and that is exactly right because the adress the car is kept at isnt correct neither is the full time driver

missleading ur insurance company will void it

Last edited:
  clio 182 + cup packs

you are covered to drive other cars thirdparty in an emergancy only

thats illegal too mate as a friend found out when he binned his mr2

ended up with a massive bill for the lampost he destroyed and banned for no insurance

Da

Less
Anyone remember Connor (or whatever his name was!)?? Been a few years now but he had undeclared mods, he stacked it and they wouldn't pay out.

Ended up borrowing a futher £5k ontop of the car loan in order to pay for it re-shelling.

Insurance fraud, it's not big and it's cerainly not clever.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I always laugh when people do this and they are challanged by someone saying they can't afford to run the car, and the person swears blind they can.

And to reiterate Seb's point, being old ftw :)