ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Rip Off !

Told them about my Exhast replacement and they loaded £57 p/a on it. When I call last year they said it would be £25. Piss*d off to say the least.

Anyone got contact details for good but cheap insurance Cos ?

Thats sh*t, most decent companys wont load it for exhaust / filters etc...

I found Abbey and Bragg to be good...worth a try...cant remember their number though. (Underwritten by Lloyds of London)

Currently with Direct Line and because Ive got business use insurance too they are great as they dont charge extra for it.

Lee

BMW M2C

Im with Norwich Union through the AA. I got charged £25 admin fee for new paperwork when I had my exhaust fitted.

320d M Sport

the £25 you were quoted last time was probably admin fee. the £59 is prob half admin and half charge, you could prob negotiate and get that reduced to be honeet.

With CIS, didnt increase premium for backbox, gonna find out soon how much it is for the de-cat.

If you are under 21/24 (forget which), direct line dont allow mods, found out the hard way when i ran up to declair them

Id love to help dude, looking for insurance myself at the mo. Lowest quote i can get for unmodified (truth) valver is £600. And thats on one of those 10month rip offs where they secretly charge you the same amount in the end as you would pay for 12mths. So any low cost insurance cos would be gratefully recieved here too!!

Bookie

Try H.I.C they are v good.

be warned though if you cancel a policy with your present insurers they will probably still want money for the whole year theyre basically all ***** but HIC are cool and give you track day cover for free.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by lunner on 14 January 2004

With CIS, didnt increase premium for backbox, gonna find out soon how much it is for the de-cat.

If you are under 21/24 (forget which), direct line dont allow mods, found out the hard way when i ran up to declair them
Had exactly the same problem with direct line. Phoned them up and ask how much they would charge for putting alloys on, they quoted me a price. Then i did it, phoned them up, told them and they said my cover was invalid, so i had to take them off. Wait till April and get it cheaper with HIC.

Currently with Norwich Union Direct - I tried to negoitiate them down but they would not budge so I asked them to put the conversation down as a complaint and pass to the relevant department - will start shopping for new insurance at the weekend.

Cheers for help so far, keep em coming

as posted on here already, (dunno how old you are)

but if you put 1 of your parents as a named driver, it goes down !!

so my 16v is now 600 f/c !! (it will be when i renew) you can save quite a bit.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by 03dynamique on 15 January 2004

IM 19 2 YEARS NO CLAIMS AND THE BEST I CAN GET IS £1150 ON A 1.2 DYNAMIQUE!
Thats not very good!!!

I was 18 with 1 yrs no claims when i got insured on my Clio Dynamique

everyone was quoting arounf £1200

BUT i rang around more and Norwich Union who i am now with came up with

£890 Fully Comp and i can drive other cars under 3rd party!!! which is rare for peeps under 21!

spoiler and zorst adding another £45

Has

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So ... encouraged by swelchs lead ... thought Id better tell DirectLine about my new K-Tec twin 3. They "agreed" that it wasnt going to change the performance, but still charged me £26 extra :(

I know its not £57 (or more), but still pissed since I put 3 x insurance policies their way at the mo.

swelch - let us (me) know how you get on. Few other small things Id like to do to my car. In my 30s like you, 14 years NCB (but theyve stopped counting my then). Dont expect to get stung each time I put an non-OE windscreen wiper on!!