ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance shocker lol

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
well might no be for some of you homos that get insurance for buttons but for me,
got my renewal in and there wanting £190 per month (£1900 for 10 month policy) , currently paying £155. but i was getting quotes for £982 one off payments online for holding licence 2 years but not until 22 days after policy starts and £1380 for holding it 1 year 11 months, £500 extra for 22 days!!!!............ PI$$ off
so gave them a call and was on for about an hour, "steve" managed to sort me out on the cheapest quote but was a £400 dearer for paying monthly

0 ncb
1 accident (still unsettled) aprrox damages £5000
licence since oct 2006
total £1383.50... £138 a month, cheaper than original renewal and what i'am currently paying, and this is me all kitted out with extra breakdown cover, drive other cars, etc etc,

also got my breakdown cover starting on the 21st of this month for peace of mind for the scottish meet to oban,

me happy :rasp:

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
Insurance makes me sick! Especially as now apparently even if you are in an accident and its not your fault, they still hit your premium?! WTF?!

kic

bell mate, only place that i could get a half decent price, everywhere else wanting £2000 +

last year wen i got my 172, adrain flux quotes me £1274 (cheapest quote i got)

this year my renewal was £1265

9 quid cheaper!

post office insured me fully comp for £690!

kic

last year wen i got my 172, adrain flux quotes me £1274 (cheapest quote i got)

this year my renewal was £1265

9 quid cheaper!

post office insured me fully comp for £690!

just done a quote lol £2149.70

Porsche Boxster987S
how is it so dear for you kic??? im the same stats as you with bell n im 1800 on my own policy for the 182:S

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Mine is now £502 for the full year TPFT, still dont wish fully comp.

Thats a meaty quote for that Paul.

Im 20, 2 Years NCB, Full Uk License (not the kiddy 2 year one), however im in a G7 postcode which just shafts me.

Porsche Boxster987S
i stay in the ''good'' bit of airdrie:rasp:

nah i dono tbh. my mrs wants to get an rb n her quote is 700ish. Shes 19 with 2years ncb

M2 Competition
If your insurance is £400 more for paying monthly...

take out a credit card on 12 months interest free credit, pay it in one go with this, and get the correct amount direct debited to cc account monthly from your current account... (kick yourself if you didnt do this ;))

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cheers kic. Just tried Bell and got £845 full comp!

For me thats a saving of £766 from last year!!!!!!!!

:) :)