ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The admiral group do a thing where they won't pay out for non standard parts but the mods don't void the insurance.

I knew bell did it and when I aske bell about it a while back they said they didnt do that.

But when I got my last quote I was reading out the list of modifications and then the statement said 'optional extras 0.00'

I hope I explained that well lol

SG9 Forester STi
8k I thought mine was ridiculous but that is just unbelievable!

Mine's a pain, could get insured on a 182 for around the 1k mark but as mine is converted I pay £1600 (300 up from last year :mad:).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
8k I thought mine was ridiculous but that is just unbelievable!

Mine's a pain, could get insured on a 182 for around the 1k mark but as mine is converted I pay £1600 (300 up from last year :mad:).

What if the 182 has nos though?

A.N. Other
I feel sorry for that car, it's not going to last long at the hands of somebody who only passed their test a little over a month ago.
The premium will be justified then, as the insurers will have to pay to replace an entire road's/roundabout's worth of the street furniture which will inevitably be wiped out...

i thought i would add my 2 cents... i might be classed as old tho

24yr old , 3 NCB , Clean record, Adrian Flux , £860 paid in one payment
Modifications declared, Remap and Exhaust etc covering me upto 200bhp at this price

I feel sorry for that car, it's not going to last long at the hands of somebody who only passed their test a little over a month ago.
The premium will be justified then, as the insurers will have to pay to replace an entire road's/roundabout's worth of the street furniture which will inevitably be wiped out...

172s are not difficult to drive at all.

A.N. Other
I didn't say they were difficult to drive. But they do go fast relatively quickly, which makes them a less than ideal car for a new driver. Especially the sort that's going to try and tune one up!

DB.

BMW 440i
£8k on a Clio is ridiculous! Id much rather bus it around for a year, and have £8k in my pocket towards a better car the following year! Idiot!

Im 21 with 4yrs NCB now, just over £1300 for my Golf valued at about £12k and with the turbo saw a £100 increase on my Clio, including a £45 admin charge.

Living in Birmingham makes my policy higher than it could be! :(

Listerine & Poledo
elephant think they're going to charge me 915 quid.
think again!
5 mintues on confused.com

£703.

Suck it, elephant!

EDIT: I'm not young, but I thoguht I'd throw in a cool story, bro

EDIT 2: Actually, after updating some details. Me and her (with an incident on it), all in, £660.

Can I get a Cool Story Bro. I think so.

Last edited:
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just had my renweal through from Flux, £978.03p, thats third party fire and theft,

stats:
Im 23
4yrs NCB
6 points speeding, one has finished this year, so technically 3 now,
1 claim that i dropped, as i was hit by a un-insured driver,

so looks like the clio will be going after christmas, im not paying that amount :(

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
How are you all doing it, I'm 20, insurance has just ran out and about a month ago I had a small bump, she claimed, as far as I know the claim hasn't gone through yet but if it does no years no claims for me, cheapest I can get is Brentacre £3200 :0 and others are a lot more :( my 172 is currently off the road, I refuse to pay that much, I'm 21 in feb if that makes a difference

Jamie

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
21 doesnt make a difference Jamie, im 24 next year, and mine is close to 1k, and thats third party fire and theft, im refusing to pay also, lookin now for cheaper cars to buy so i can trade in and get a 1.2/1.4 etc,

Woman on the phone said that insurance has gone up 20/30% this year due to accidents, but wasn't there a thing that came in this year, that men and women had to pay the same, women went up, boys went down, doesnt seem to make any different in my case, ffs :mad:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Mine isnt too bad on the 182..

£1400 Fully comp
2 years NCB
3 Years experience
19 Y/O

Thats with elephant on their 10 month NCB accelerator thing. But im also running with a silly high excess of £1100! Just need to make sure i dont bin it in the twisties y0!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
thats really good, hopefully i get similar at renewal,

20 Y/O
2 years NCB
3 years experience

but i have a birmingham postcode

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Mine isnt too bad on the 182..

£1400 Fully comp
2 years NCB
3 Years experience
19 Y/O

Thats with elephant on their 10 month NCB accelerator thing. But im also running with a silly high excess of £1100! Just need to make sure i dont bin it in the twisties y0!

are you fully comp?

that is insane insurance, might as well have just got 3rd party (not even fire/theft)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
It is pretty good concidering the renewal for my 1.2 was going to be £1000! And hopefully if im a sensible driver it will only get cheaper... hopefully. But tbh they pretty much make it up as they go along!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Umm lol I pay £3200 at 17 for my 1.2... Cannot find it cheaper anywhere. Tis not fun. :rasp:

Had the same porblem with my brother, he is going to get a van and pay 1.2k for a 1.5dci clio probably

Last edited:

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I think i just got in when insurance was reasonable, When i say reasonable it was still 1600 TPFT on my 1.2! But my brothers the same, probs going to be over 2.5k for a 1.2... its an absolute joke!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Wow, I sold my Clio as the premium was 1400 with a 750 excess and I refused to pay that.

Fully Comp at 19, 3 years ncb

RS6 C7
Well ive just lost the £100 deposit on my rb 182, Got my quotes online, went to take the policy out and it went from 2k to 4k!, No one will do it for less than 3.5k which is a joke, Not paying that.

Ph1 Non Sport
On my 1.4 I'm currently paying £647 FC. I'm 19 with 2years NCB. Been looking at a BMW 318 and quotes are coming out at about 800 fully comp, so I'm happy :)
But cannot get insured on a 1*2 for under £3000!