ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance (very happy)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Problem is if you move from aviva after a year you have effectively lost ncb surely?

Phone up the independent brokers tbh, business use is probably putting the cheap companies up in price, a lot of us young people will be on limited mileage policies i presume.

Huh? I am not going to switch policies now, I only got some quotes for research purposes. My renewal is up in June, of which it should come down a little bit more as I'll be 26 by then.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I know, just thinking if they only recognise 5 years then if you renew with them in June then the next year your proof of bonus would show 5 years even though the year before you had 7. Just a thought thats all. Dont know if them 2 years make a difference with other companies or not.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Ohh sorry, I see what you mean now.

Erm, really not sure how that works, I guess you wouldn't lose them but would be difficult to prove. I've been with Admiral for a while now so never had a reason to send of documentation to prove it.

Some Co's do recognise more than 5. Admiral do, ok it only came down about £15 based on 6 to 5 but I'm glad of it. Not sure what there top no is.

DB.

BMW 440i
Any chance you could PM me the company please? Ill be 20 with 3 yrs ncb hopefully in April so will be chasing up the best i can get!

197 Sport
Not really just don't wana use company's name's in publicits not very proffesional.

Thats the funniest thing i have heard in ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why on earth would you consider it to be unprofessional ????? This is a forum on clios, not insurance companies etc.............

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I've always said to myself that if insurance for a car exceeded £500, I would get rid of it/not buy it in the first place.

I was just saying that I personally would not pay that amount for anything.

How much was your first car to insure then? Most if not all young drivers pay more than £500 irrespective of the car they have.

Unsure where these quotes come from sometimes, as Dan has said. Presume this isn't TPFT?

Mine is looking at 1k at 23, no claims, 0NCB and 3 points in last five years. That's for an old style S3.

RB & LY 182
my previous company was Admiral.co.uk.

but it was Elephant.co.uk that gave me the great quote.

apparently these 2 companys are partner company's so Admiral just matched it.

this is for all those who think its a secret. ha ffs