ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance, what do you pay, on what car, with how many no claims...

Meg on pistonheads £6995
37, £290 FC with business use.......Natwest Insurance

............. including declared mods, speeding fine and two claims in last 5 years (drive-off car-park damage by unknown wan*er & a roundabout shunt by me!)

Monaco Blue 172
pepsi69 said:
Just wondered if anyone was bein a** raped as much as me by the old insurance companies...

i payed £1800 for a 9month bonus accelerator for my first years no claims - going down to about £1050 whenh i reknew next month...
1800 ??? on a 1.2 ?? thats f**king daylight robbery! :S

have u tried bell.co.uk ?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
dj_03 said:
who you with for that cheap pal, i'd love to know - i tried to get insurance on a 182 and cheapest quote i got was £3100, im also 21 with 1 years no claims ?!?!

im paying 950 for my 172cup right now with 0 NCB and im 21. thats with direct line. Elephant were also offering the same

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
24 yrs old 7 years ncb. I paid £540 FC with protection with 3 speeding points. (182 btw)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
20....2yrs NCB....cupped 182.....£1490 with bell....fully comp on my own.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got a two-car family? Seems massively worth it to insure the two at the same time with the same company, such as Admiral's Multi-Car scheme.

Insured seperately:-
182 - £760 last year for me and Jain as a named driver. Recent quotes above £800 for the renewal.
V6 - £670 for Jain as the sole driver of the Vee. Recent quotes above £900 for the renewal. Most were in four-figures, again, for her alone.

Insured together:-
182 - £485 for both me and Jain to drive.
V6 - £650 for both me and Jain to drive.

Seems a far better (and cheaper) way of doing things.... ;)

D.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
21 with 1NCB and a previous big claim would have been 1400 on a ph-quick.

Instead I insure my 106 GTi for half that whilst I'm saving up/graduate :dead:

Arctic Blue 182
£441 with NIG - 10yrs no claims & 3 points pending (protected & guaranteed no claims)

someone on here said to use Sky Insurance Brokers - highly recommend them!

1996 Valver
Well happy with mine;

4Y NCB(due to bonus accelerator things)
Valver
All mods declared
No points/calims

£320 fully comp!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Admiral have just sent me this years renewal:

33 year old living in SR5 (group E), 5 years NCB, Driver for 15 year, 1 incident in past 3 year, 3 pts, Wife also on policy ....

900 quid.

Dafties, confused.com here I come

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thats crazy, i know its a renewal but theres 20 year olds paying less than that!

think im going to keep my 1.2 untill im fully qualified in 2 years, then when i've got more money than sense i might have to have a 182 cup! i know they'll be old by then, but im in love with the cars!!!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i pay just under a grand (tpft) for my valver. thats at 20, license for 1 year and 0ncb (still tied up in my old policy on my RT due to a hit and run :(). Mods declared obv.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
25, 5 years ncb, fully comp £350 on my hybrid. oh and thats with performance direct.

sib, if you get your insurance through confused.com, it's normally admiral (for me at least) that come out cheapest, and for some reason, if i call admiral my insurance is about £1050, whereas if I go through confused I can get it for £800 with admiral, reallly weird

RenaultSport Clio 182
Just had my renewal through from Norwich Union £793 on a 55 plate 182.

32 and have been driving for 14 years with 12 years no claims. No points and never made a claim and actually got a refund last year when I moved as I now live in a low crime area apparently.

Rich who do you have your insurance through ?

Sold the sport :(
172 standard £457 full comp, 36, 10yrs no claims - aim to get to around £400 next month when it's due - Rich, who insured yours?

Golf R32
I switched the insurance on my old Golf GTI Turbo to the clio and paid an extra £70 so less admin fees probably just under £700 with Greenlight

I'm 26 with 2 years no claims and no accidents within the last 4 yrs so didn't put it up

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
£50 per month full no claims age 31 for my 172 51 plate i dont understand it as i only paid £28 per month for my gt4 st205 turbo which was running at 315 bhp

FULL FAT 182
23 driving for 2 years, one years no claims 1 accident £480 TPFT on own policy. On a clio 1.8 16v

LY V6 with Recaros
£676 with Elephant, 3 years no claims and 3 points. I'm 23 and live in the worst postcode area :(

Sold the sport :(
Just tried to get a quote from Morethan - could not do it as my car is not listed in their database so they passed me onto Hastings - quoted me £482 :(

Can't understand morethan as they had the cup listed and thats the poor mans relation :p

Rover 620Ti (210bhp)
I was paying £1,800 3rd party with adrian flux. I never actually payed that much as I changed my car near the end of the year but that was the renwal quote.

The car was a moded Rover 620Ti (+200bhp, IG18) I'm 23 with 3yrs NC and no points.

So after shopping around I managed to get a traders policy for £650. This allows me to drive any car, bike, quad, HGV, PSV, moterhome, kit car and prety much anything with a engine and wheels. There are no limitations on power, cost or mods. I don't have to be the owner or keeper, I just need their permission to drive it. It also covers my own car for personal, domestic, social, business and pleasure. As well as my GFs. And anyone can drive any car I own for demonstration puposes.

However that is only 3rd party.

Obviusly you do actually have te be a motor trader to qualify! But I've started buying and selling Clios and it's more than payed for the policy.

1.4RT
28years old, 9 years NCB and paying 147quid FC for a non-modded 1.4 RT with Lloyds TSB Car Insurance, not too bad I dont reckon. :D

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
18 years old, 0 ncd, 1 claim, mum on policy, 10 month bonus accelerator
1.4rt: £800
valver: £1200