ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance & wheels

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Hi ive got a Clio 1.2 16V Expression which standard has 14" steelies on it but ive got the 15" alloys from the dynamique. do i need to tell the insurance company about them?

What if you have alloys and change them for others, basically Im looking at swapping my 182 wheels for the Trophy/Speedline ones? Any point in telling them?

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 05 August 2005

What if you have alloys and change them for others, basically Im looking at swapping my 182 wheels for the Trophy/Speedline ones? Any point in telling them?
IMHO i would always tell no matter how small the detail better to be insured than the insurance co to turn round and say no way when you stack it or it gets nicked - usually doesnt cost anything altho HIC charged me an admin fee of £25 the robbin cnuts

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup to the origional point of the thread.... you need to tell your insurance company mate.

Your car origionally came with steelies. the ones you now have are alloys. So in turn more expensive to replace and makes your car more of a threat to be nicked.

Sport182..... Yup i would deff tell them. When i changed from Dynamiqe rims to Turinis (speedlin renault) i informed my insurers (Tesco) and still had to pay for "different Alloys"

So Stay Insured People.... Why Pay All that money for insurance if at the end of the day it gets voided! Not worth the risk is it:)