ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance when buying a new vehicle.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new vehicle on the weekend. I would be travelling 5 hours to see it.
Say for example I bought it there and then, how would I go about insurance? Is there a "day insurance" kind of company, enough for me to get it home and then go from there?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I have swift cover insurance. Easy for me, i just log into my account, change my car and im insured instantly.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Every car i've bought i've insured on the spot,
piece of piss especially if you get a quote from them before hand,
then it's on their system and they get you insured within a minute or so.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
f**king hell.

Can you tie your own shoes?

I can't believe nobody has thought of a problem for this complex situation.

Of the millions of cars sold every year, why has nobody thought about offering a service where by you call up and insure your new car??

why haven't they done it Deeg? Why? WHY???

dan's cast offs.
I can't believe nobody has thought of a problem for this complex situation.

Of the millions of cars sold every year, why has nobody thought about offering a service where by you call up and insure your new car??

why haven't they done it Deeg? Why? WHY???

do you think there would be a market for a day insurance policy? might look into setting a company up and doing it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
do you think there would be a market for a day insurance policy? might look into setting a company up and doing it.

You'd get cheap insurance then too i'd have thought.

(CS never forgets)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
So what you're all saying is I have to view the car, skip home, ring a friend of a friend who knows an insurance broker, ask them to insure me for a day and then not go and buy the car? Cheers guys, don't know where I would be without you.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
So what you're all saying is I have to view the car, skip home, ring a friend of a friend who knows an insurance broker, ask them to insure me for a day and then not go and buy the car? Cheers guys, don't know where I would be without you.

If only insurance brokers had phones. Or websites.

The stuff of dreams right there.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep

What?

Look for quotes before you go.. then when you get there, phone one of the insurers up and as Dave says, they will already have your details and it wont take 5mins to get insured.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

No. Don't be a spastic.

You do your research before you go. Find an appropriate insurance policy and pre warn them of the pending viewing. Go and view the car. If you buy it, ring them back (the number should be in your 'recent calls' list on your mobile telephone) and ask them to start the policy immediately.

Alternatively, google 'day insurance' or 'temporary insurance cover' and choose from one of the many companies offering such a service.

Hope that helps.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
No. Don't be a spastic.

You do your research before you go. Find an appropriate insurance policy and pre warn them of the pending viewing. Go and view the car. If you buy it, ring them back (the number should be in your 'recent calls' list on your mobile telephone) and ask them to start the policy immediately.

Alternatively, google 'day insurance' or 'temporary insurance cover' and choose from one of the many companies offering such a service.

Hope that helps.

http://michigananimaladoptionnetwork.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/eight-dogs-playing-cards.jpg