ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance with Admiral

Well currently I own a MK2 1.1 8V Clio and im 19 (20 in may) 0 years no claims (hopefully 1 in may) and been driving 2 years (in may) lol yes may is my main month anyway...

My current insurance third party fire and theft is £2500 friend came up from the south and went on admiral with me and managed to get it down to £980 :O Admiral multicar is the way forward it would appear (well for me anyway)

Just a heads up! :)

1.2 16V 2005
In most cases, for me (also with Admiral & 19) Fully Comp is cheaper, if you wack your voluntary excess right up.

Arctic Blue 182
Yep I've found that Admiral and their sister company Elephant are the cheapest by quite a distance at the moment.

Not on the Multicar though..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Admiral have always been very helpful and given me a good quote. They are also UK based and not outsourced!!

Well I will defiantly be hounding my dad to go with admiral then cheers guys. Its a shame for me May is my worst month

May 20th - Insurance Re Newal
May 29th - Birthday
May 31st - Tax renewel

HAHA Gay

LY R26, LY 182
Admiral have always been very helpful and given me a good quote. They are also UK based and not outsourced!!

Unless you phone at a weekend and you get through to their bangla office :( shocking service then...

Admiral Multicar is the way forward - I'm 26yrs old insuring an 05 Clio 182 and 08 Megane R26 - I pay just over £1000 fully comp for both, £150 excess, 5 years NCB, No accidents (well, none that I need to declare as they were over three years ago now! but even when they were declared it was no more than £530 for the R26)... one garaged one drivewayed...

When I was 20 I had an 182 and with Admiral/Elephunk it was about £900ish - even when the mrs decided to cartwheel the first one, the insurance still never went above £1k with the accident declared...
(and for anyone worred about customer service... when this one was written off, Admiral offered about £9000 first (2 years old, 21k at that point, BG 182). We battled with them and came out with £11,800!!! Paid the excess (£400), bought a year old (2005) 182 BG FF with 1,300 miles on the clock, a new private plate, an ipod and connector for the stereo with the settlement! They weren't particularly quick, but tbh we were very impressed with the service, and the payout! :)

Well I will defiantly be hounding my dad to go with admiral then cheers guys. Its a shame for me May is my worst month

May 20th - Insurance Re Newal
May 29th - Birthday
May 31st - Tax renewel

HAHA Gay

Put 6 months tax on it then, then after 6 months, put a year on it then your tax and insurance are 6 months apart

S4 Avant
Admiral seem to be flavour of the week at the moment. Everyone that I know is with them, and no other insurance company seems willing to offer the prices that they do, to young drivers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Unless you phone at a weekend and you get through to their bangla office :( shocking service then...

Admiral Multicar is the way forward - I'm 26yrs old insuring an 05 Clio 182 and 08 Megane R26 - I pay just over £1000 fully comp for both, £150 excess, 5 years NCB, No accidents (well, none that I need to declare as they were over three years ago now! but even when they were declared it was no more than £530 for the R26)... one garaged one drivewayed...

When I was 20 I had an 182 and with Admiral/Elephunk it was about £900ish - even when the mrs decided to cartwheel the first one, the insurance still never went above £1k with the accident declared...
(and for anyone worred about customer service... when this one was written off, Admiral offered about £9000 first (2 years old, 21k at that point, BG 182). We battled with them and came out with £11,800!!! Paid the excess (£400), bought a year old (2005) 182 BG FF with 1,300 miles on the clock, a new private plate, an ipod and connector for the stereo with the settlement! They weren't particularly quick, but tbh we were very impressed with the service, and the payout! :)

Is that right? Didn't know that! I've always got a nice Welsh person or a Canadian?! (twice)

I also use Multi-car on the Z4 and Clio. Works out a little over £1000 for both.

Admiral were by far the best for me as well, made a joke of my renewal quote

Lol. So true. When I phoned up my old insurers and told them how low admiral had got it the guy actually laughed and so ok there is nothing we can do. Admiral halved my renewal lol.

Giulietta 940
Admiral wanted £800 from me (25, '05 182, SP30, non fault accident) and were adamant they couldn't go lower. I went to Brentacre who said £650, and then Greenlight who finally quoted me £570. I rang Admiral back up and they were like "Oh...".

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

Recently had an experience with the Bangla office... Absolutely shocking, the second woman i spoke to actually hung up on me ! Needless to say there UK help desk is extremely helpful and if it wasn't for the lady I spoke to I wouldn't have got the car in question home.

Im with Admiral Multi-Car atm. Renewal was actually on Saturday just gone.

Cost just over £800 to insure the 200. The nearest other quote I had (excluding Elephant) was just over £1k iirc.

EDIT: Whenever ive phoned aswell, it has always been either Welsh or Canadian.