ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inventive ways to run the aux lead

Titanium 182 FF
Just wondering where and how people have wired the aux cable from the back of the update list headunit in the 182 to the front of the dash? Iv seen around that people run the cable through to the glovebox but was hoping for somewhere more accesible and doesnt require drilling!

Cheers

Clio 182
Run it like a boss to a brodit pro clip with active holder which will charge your device at same time ;)

Also if its an ipod/phone - better off just getting a connects2 apple interface so u can control through HU,

Mind unless the device is in a holder then its technically illegal to change track whilst driving - i can understand running to astray at centre console for it looking neat and tidy- but not ideal position for controlling when driving imo

SQ5
Run it like a boss to a brodit pro clip with active holder which will charge your device at same time ;)

Also if its an ipod/phone - better off just getting a connects2 apple interface so u can control through HU,

Mind unless the device is in a holder then its technically illegal to change track whilst driving - i can understand running to astray at centre console for it looking neat and tidy- but not ideal position for controlling when driving imo

If you have a metre of lead it'll sit on the seat...

172 Turbo
Its legal to use an iPod whilst driving:
(4) A device referred to in paragraphs (1)(b), (2)(b) and (3)(b) is a device, other than a two-way radio, which performs an interactive communication function by transmitting and receiving data.

SQ5
(4) A device referred to in paragraphs (1)(b), (2)(b) and (3)(b) is a device, other than a two-way radio, which performs an interactive communication function by transmitting and receiving data.

If your iPod is on your iPhone though then it's classed as using a mobile device I guess??

Unless you can prove its in aeroplane mode maybe??

Clio 182

Tell that to the copper when he's writing out a fine for what is now classed as dangerous driving over careless driving - its not me you'd have to convince

172 Turbo
Tell that to the copper when he's writing out a fine for what is now classed as dangerous driving over careless driving - its not me you'd have to convince
It was a copper who pointed it out to me. Perhaps he was wrong?

Titanium 182 FF
Some unreal ideas tbf! May have to try out the socket idea although being able to charge as well is bloody handy