ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Fiesta ST-3
Yesterday Natwest released a new App for the Ipad. Very similar to the Iphone app but it has an added loan calculator included. Not sure if there is an Ipad app thread so I thought I'd stick it in here.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I just can't get on with Co-Pilot, had it back in the day on my Windows Mobile phone and I shudder when the UI reminds me of that. I love my TomTom W.E., but the price difference is hard to justify. Especially when traffic is over £20 for TT and £7 for Co-Pilot.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll probably buy Co-Pilot UK Edition as a alternative to TT WE which takes up more space on my iPhone than I would ideally like.

1.8 Civic EX
Tiny Tower is pretty cool free game if you like that kinda thing. Only just got it so my tower is only 4 floors so far. Looks like it'll be a good time filler.

Honda. Tesla Someday
A little concerned.

Co-Pilot Premium that just launched for £14.99 has slightly poor reviews on the app store. The older Co-Pilot UK and Ireland has 'slightly better' reviews and is £19.99.

Should I spent the extra £5 on the older version?? Or should I buy the new Premium version??

Help?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
A little concerned.

Co-Pilot Premium that just launched for £14.99 has slightly poor reviews on the app store. The older Co-Pilot UK and Ireland has 'slightly better' reviews and is £19.99.

Should I spent the extra £5 on the older version?? Or should I buy the new Premium version??

Help?

I bought the eu version and have no such issues. Quite like the new version. It's a bit paired down in terms of silly features. (iPod controls never worked anyway) but other than that it's a VAST improvement over the old version.

LY 182
I bought the eu version and have no such issues. Quite like the new version. It's a bit paired down in terms of silly features. (iPod controls never worked anyway) but other than that it's a VAST improvement over the old version.

Tom you had much use of this now?

Reccommended?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Cheapest paid apps now 69p from the previous 59p

I was going to buy Co-Pilot but the price has increased despite the description saying it should be £14.99

It looks like all prices have increased, I wonder if Lion will increase from £20.99?

Last edited:
  1.8 Civic EX
If you have an iPad and an iPhone 4 then get Time Crisis on the iPad, and iGunCon on the iPhone.

You can then link them together, iPad is used as the screen/display and the iPhone is the gun, it's not 100% perfect but it is bloody brilliant for what it is....tempted to buy the full game at £5.99 but garuntee as soon as I do it'll reduce in price so I'm gonna hold out for a bit.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Just got incredible machine for free on iPad... I remember this being fun as a kid so worth a go

OMG I got it today! LOL, I used to play as a kid! I remember it being better, Professor Tims etc! Brilliant!

Its on iPad and iPhone free right now!

Honda. Tesla Someday
If you have an iPad and an iPhone 4 then get Time Crisis on the iPad, and iGunCon on the iPhone.

You can then link them together, iPad is used as the screen/display and the iPhone is the gun, it's not 100% perfect but it is bloody brilliant for what it is....tempted to buy the full game at £5.99 but garuntee as soon as I do it'll reduce in price so I'm gonna hold out for a bit.

Just tried this, OMFG amazing! Works SOOOO WELL!!!!

clio 182 black /gold
Hi i have just got an Iphone 4. What a great phone so far. I'm after an app where you can monitor call duration of called received etc also a message counter. I wonder if anyone has one. If so what,s it called. Cheers Lee.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hi i have just got an Iphone 4. What a great phone so far. I'm after an app where you can monitor call duration of called received etc also a message counter. I wonder if anyone has one. If so what,s it called. Cheers Lee.

You can't do that stuff unless you have a jailbroken phone. iOS specifically sandboxes applications away from sensitive information.

However, the built in phone application shows the duration & time of incoming and outgoing calls, go into recents in the phone app and then click on the arrow next to the call.

Cupra
Crush the Castle HD

FREE TODAY ON APP STORE!

Loved this on my iPhone, excellent game!

Great game!

I've picked up a couple of decent games recently:

Asphalt 6 (HD) - One of the best racers on both iPad and iPhone

Colormanager - selective desaturation of your photos. Quick easy fun.

Longtime - exposure calculator for long exposures and filters on your camera. Takes the thinking out of using a ten stop filter.

Twonky - turn your phone into a DLNA server an stream contents to your TV/ mediaplayer etc

ZappoTV - same as above with some different features.

iTap RDP - one of the best RDP programs I have used.

Airport mania 2 - just as addictive as the first one

iSlash - fun slicing game

Superstickman golf - great!

22Tracks - streaming music.

iPad specific

Filterstorm Pro - a sort of lightroom for the iPad. Handy for some quick on location PP.

Flipboard - nice way to view twitter, facebook and other feeds in a slick interface.

Adobe Nav - makes your iPad a remote for photoshop. Bit gimmicky but I use it occasionally.

AVplayerHD - no need to encode videos. Just drop them on or wirelessly transfer.

Todo - todo list which syncs with outlook.

Trainz - my son loves it...

TopGear stunt school - as above, driving the TG track while taking a s**t is a way of passing time too.

RealRacing 2 HD. Works pretty well with the hdmi cable to your TV.

A red missile
Crush the Castle HD

FREE TODAY ON APP STORE!

Loved this on my iPhone, excellent game!

Spotted and grabbed this the other day, used to play it to death on notdoppler.com on the pc, the iPad version is just as good :)

Being a tightarse I like the price too.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Flipboard is fantastic.

Worth buying an iPad just for that app, such a nice way to browse news and Facebook