ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Honda. Tesla Someday
I use TeamViewer for remote access. Always have and it has Never let me down!

Get the app on your iPad and download the client on your PC, its brilliant!

Had a quick look yesterday. I got put off when I went to their website and saw 'Buy Pro'. Is everything free? Both iphone and mac software?

I've never paid for Pro, and it does everything I want it to do.

You can't listen to audio from the PC, or drag/drop from the remote PC to your local PC, but it's ideal for logging in and taking control.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've used it for years, but in some situations it will recognize you're on a domain computer (if you are infact using it for business use) and it will then give you only 2 mins iirc.

Goliath I
LogMeIn

Remote access for your pc/laptop that is actually pretty good. Once setup no fuss connection,

I've used this since 2006, but having the app is brilliant. And for free, you can't go wrong.

My nan has had a laptop for christmas and having never used the internet before is having a bit of trouble finding her way around.

I've installed LogMeIn onto it and told her if she finds herself a bit lost or not sure waht to do to give me a call and I'll log in and help out... Brilliant!

My nan has had a laptop for christmas and having never used the internet before is having a bit of trouble finding her way around.

I've installed LogMeIn onto it and told her if she finds herself a bit lost or not sure waht to do to give me a call and I'll log in and help out... Brilliant!

It's a good idea for that. I have it installed on my MD's laptop (and his wife's), and when needed I log in.

Saves time and problems.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Logmein is brilliant. I've had it on my home PCs since day 1 and pay for the full service with file transfer. Sat in the pub and someone recommends a film? Well let me just remotely wake up my media centre, log on and down load that...its brilliant...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That Tiny Tower is quite addictive. It's not fun at all when you think about it. Infact, it's very boring and time consuming.,but it hooks you in.

SQ5
That Tiny Tower is quite addictive. It's not fun at all when you think about it. Infact, it's very boring and time consuming.,but it hooks you in.

Thought this the other day! Have now got 40+ floors boring as f**k! But everyday when I get home I feel the need to check and restock!

Clio 197 F1
Anyone know any decent roulette apps for iPhone or iPad? Not interested in winning real money just want a decent app to use.

Did a quick search and didn't find anything on this:

Wind Tunnel - For the sciency, nerdy types - It basically replicates a wind tunnel - You draw your shape on the screen and you can get it to show smoke streams or particle streams, high/low pressure/velocity etc etc. It's hugely customisable and some of the effects you can produce look absolutely stunning.

It's superb for showing, for example, how a wing works or how a spoiler stuck on the back of some shitty hatchback does fuckall except cause drag. Or, alternatively, it's also great for just messing with and creating pretty patterns. Everyone I have shown it to has been damned impressed by it.

It's available on the iPhone I think but is far better suited for the iPad IMO. Comes in 3 versions: Free, normal and Pro. Worth spending the dough for at least the normal version I reckon.

Edition 30

Thought this the other day! Have now got 40+ floors boring as f**k! But everyday when I get home I feel the need to check and restock!

142 floors now. It's the best free app I've ever had.

MKV R32
invoice2go on iPad

£10.49 - but worth every penny!

You can also migrate from the free version which lets you create a max of 3 invoices

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just found out you can use iExplorer (formally iPhoneBrowser) to hack and edit Tiny Tower.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Awesome! Tell how!

[h=3]Methods[/h][h=4]Change Stock Level[/h]
  1. Open com.eeenmachines.tinytowers in iExplorer.
  2. Open Tiny Tower.app
  3. Click and drag floors.csv to your desktop.
  4. Open floors.csv in Notepad, or another text editing program.
  5. You will see a bunch of text like 0,Sushi Bar,0,1,California Roll:2,Tuna Sushi:8,Sea Urchin:25
  6. What you want to pay attention to is California Roll:2,Tuna Sushi:8,Sea Urchin:25.
  7. The numbers after the name of the stock item refer to that item's level. The higher the number, the more items that will be stocked, and the longer that it will take to stock. Each level adds one minute and 15 items of stock.
  8. When you're done editing the levels, save the file.
  9. Click and drag it back to Tiny Tower.app in iExplorer, and when it asks if you want to delete the file, select yes.
  10. Make sure to fully close Tiny Tower in the multitask bar to see the changes.
[h=4]Free Costumes and Bux[/h]
  2. Open Tiny Tower.app
  3. Click and drag costumes.csv to your desktop.
  4. Open costumes.csv in Notepad, or another text editing program.
  5. You will see a bunch of text like panda suit,panda,5,58.58.58
  6. What you want to pay attention to is the very first number. That is how many bux it costs.
  7. For a free costume, change the first number to a zero. For free bux, put a minus sign in front of the first number.
  8. When you're done editing, save the file.
  9. Click and drag it back to Tiny Tower.app in iExplorer, and when it asks if you want to delete the file, select yes.
  10. Make sure to fully close Tiny Tower in the multitask bar to see the changes.
[h=4]Mission Hacks for Free Bux[/h]
  1. Open Tiny Tower Application folder using iExplorer.
  2. Open the Documents folder.
  3. Drag the 'missions.plist' file to the desktop.
  4. Open the 'missions.plist' file on your desktop in a text editor.
  5. You will see <key>reward</key> followed by <string>5</string> (or some other number) at the end of each reward set.
  6. Change the number in the <string></string> set to the reward you would like to receive. I used 999 and it worked but higher numbers might not.
  7. Use iExplorer to delete the existing 'missions.plist' file on the device.
  8. Drag the edited 'missions.plist' file to the documents folder
  9. Complete the reward and get the number of bux you entered.

Edition 30
[h=3]Methods[/h][h=4]Change Stock Level[/h]
  2. Open Tiny Tower.app
  3. Click and drag floors.csv to your desktop.
  4. Open floors.csv in Notepad, or another text editing program.
  5. You will see a bunch of text like 0,Sushi Bar,0,1,California Roll:2,Tuna Sushi:8,Sea Urchin:25
  6. What you want to pay attention to is California Roll:2,Tuna Sushi:8,Sea Urchin:25.
  7. The numbers after the name of the stock item refer to that item's level. The higher the number, the more items that will be stocked, and the longer that it will take to stock. Each level adds one minute and 15 items of stock.
  8. When you're done editing the levels, save the file.
[h=4]Free Costumes and Bux[/h]
  2. Open Tiny Tower.app
  3. Click and drag costumes.csv to your desktop.
  4. Open costumes.csv in Notepad, or another text editing program.
  5. You will see a bunch of text like panda suit,panda,5,58.58.58
  6. What you want to pay attention to is the very first number. That is how many bux it costs.
  7. For a free costume, change the first number to a zero. For free bux, put a minus sign in front of the first number.
  8. When you're done editing, save the file.
[h=4]Mission Hacks for Free Bux[/h]
  1. Open Tiny Tower Application folder using iExplorer.
  2. Open the Documents folder.
  3. Drag the 'missions.plist' file to the desktop.
  4. Open the 'missions.plist' file on your desktop in a text editor.
  5. You will see <key>reward</key> followed by <string>5</string> (or some other number) at the end of each reward set.
  6. Change the number in the <string></string> set to the reward you would like to receive. I used 999 and it worked but higher numbers might not.
  7. Use iExplorer to delete the existing 'missions.plist' file on the device.
  8. Drag the edited 'missions.plist' file to the documents folder
  9. Complete the reward and get the number of bux you entered.

Cheat.

Sat Nav 2 - I've been using this since before Christmas. I used it for a few trips (York - Bristol - London - Birmingham - Leeds) and it was great. It's as good as my old TomTom, and even has new roads that we only built a couple of months ago.

It has the option to input coordinates, which is great for when abroad, and there are no post codes (or they aren't accurate).

• Nice interface
  • Free
  • Favourites
  • Plays iPod in the background (when wired to car)

It's free to use the online mode, which means it needs your internet connection to display the map, but I've downloaded the Europe map for £4.99. Means I can use it in Spain when I'm over there a couple of times this year.