ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been there. Is it near the station? Off topic sorry.

I'm going to go into the apple store tomorrow and have a play with one (if I can get near it due to the kids that sit in there on FB all day) and see if I can justify one for myself.

Yeah it's around the corner from Queen St Station.

I wanted to justify buying one this morning but I couldn't.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not a techy kind of person, but I do like the Apple products that I have. It took me a hell of a long time to get an iPod, more due to my Creative MP3 player lasting forever than being anti Apple. As I say, I like Apple products, will probably get a MBP when I need a new lap top and will have an iPhone at some point during the year.

But I just don't get the iPad. Maybe I am missing something due to not being a techy sort of person, but I just don't get it. I would rather have a lap top.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah mate I'm posting from it now infact in the car on the way home lol
Went for the 32gb 3G in the end.
Haven't had a proper play yet but first impressions are awesome.
Estimate around 300-400 people were in the line by the time we got in!
How did you sync it with iTunes to get into it before you got home, did you actually take your laptop with you lol?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'd worry about the scratches on the massive screen if using it portabley.
I've never had a scratch on either my iPod touch or my iPhone in 3 years use so I think they are pretty resistant for people who are carefully with their processions, no screen protectors here either.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm not a techy kind of person, but I do like the Apple products that I have. It took me a hell of a long time to get an iPod, more due to my Creative MP3 player lasting forever than being anti Apple. As I say, I like Apple products, will probably get a MBP when I need a new lap top and will have an iPhone at some point during the year.

But I just don't get the iPad. Maybe I am missing something due to not being a techy sort of person, but I just don't get it. I would rather have a lap top.

It's not a laptop/notebook/netbook rival.

dk

911 GTS Cab
LOL, surely nobody would take it out the home? If I had one, it'd just sit on the coffee table, for those "I'll just check that" moments.
I'll be using mine for work I reckon, so much smaller and lighter than carrying my laptop to meetings in London etc, will be perfect. Can even do presentations on a projector, could even do a demo over citrix presented on a projector if needed.

This thing can do a lot more than just email and web.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It doesn't have a rival, because nobody wanted tablets the first time round.

If this had an hp badge, or a Dell badge, would you still be buying it?

It's not that simple though.

I love it when anti-Apple people get the bit between their teeth.

Enjoy using your clunky plastic boxes. :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've got one instead of a net book as I looked at net books and they were shite, this does everything I need from a net book, and more without the cheap shitty case, didn't want a keyboard either, keypad on the iPad is very good with the screen size you can type so quickly, probably quicker than a net book as it corrects anything you get slightly wrong on the way.

Personally, I'd say it's better than a net book by a long way, some of the apps are great, the iBooks, newspapers, interactive magazines etc. Plus it's smaller and much thinner than a net book, what extra could a net book possibly give me?

Fiesta ST3
one of my colleagues has one and bought it in today, very nice piece of kit but way too dear for me.

my iphone will do me until the 4g is out ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've got one instead of a net book as I looked at net books and they were s**te, this does everything I need from a net book, and more without the cheap s**tty case, didn't want a keyboard either, keypad on the iPad is very good with the screen size you can type so quickly, probably quicker than a net book as it corrects anything you get slightly wrong on the way.

Personally, I'd say it's better than a net book by a long way, some of the apps are great, the iBooks, newspapers, interactive magazines etc. Plus it's smaller and much thinner than a net book, what extra could a net book possibly give me?

A lovely, creaky plastic case?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It's not that simple though.

I love it when anti-Apple people get the bit between their teeth.

Enjoy using your clunky plastic boxes. :cool:

It IS that simple, and your closing sentence proves it :p

Your Apple rubbish is made from the same plastic as everything else, it's just got bevelled edges and an extra 30 coats of lacquer

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I know - that's kind of my point. It wouldn't replace anything, so seems like a hell of a lot of money for something that wouldn't take away the need for something else.

I just don't get why someone would want it - other than 'just because' it's an Apple product.

As I say, I'm not anti-Apple, I just don't get the iPad.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll have one and stick it in the lounge for sofa browsing, when my MBP is too bulky.

I can't wait to use one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It IS that simple, and your closing sentence proves it :p

Your Apple rubbish is made from the same plastic as everything else, it's just got bevelled edges and an extra 30 coats of lacquer

Its not.

Glass and Ally baby. Mint.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Clutching at straws much?

They don't smash. LOL.

Apple materials are second-to-none. Use a MBP after a PC laptop. LOL @ the creaky box of sh*t.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I know - that's kind of my point. It wouldn't replace anything, so seems like a hell of a lot of money for something that wouldn't take away the need for something else.

I just don't get why someone would want it - other than 'just because' it's an Apple product.

As I say, I'm not anti-Apple, I just don't get the iPad.
i'd say it does replace a netbook though.

i have a 17" laptop, ipad and iphone.

ones for downloading p**n and big stuff, the other is for browsing the web, reading magazines and newspapers and answering email infront of the tv or for business meetings (its a great video player too for the plane etc, finally found a use for those digital copies they give you on bluray discs) and then the iphone for telephone and out and about connectivity.

the ipad fills the gap perfectly as i don't want a 17" laptop on my lap in the lounge, its fecking heavy and gets hot and the iphone is too small for lengthy browsing or vids when in my own home.

for me at least ipad fits perfectly, definitely a netbook replacement and so much better imo, netbook would give me nothing more.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Clutching at straws much?

They don't smash. LOL.

Apple materials are second-to-none. Use a MBP after a PC laptop. LOL @ the creaky box of sh*t.

Still made in a factory in China, just like all the other gadgets

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-look-inside-the-Foxconn-suicide-factory.html

This one to be exact

They aren't handcrafted on the thighs of virgins

I have plenty of moneys Tom, I just prefer to spend it on useful things, like Vietnamese hookers, chrome spinners and Ikea wardrobes

My mates works at the Apple shop and offered to use his F&F discount for me on a MBP (17%).. Reckon he could use it on an iPad?

Mk2 172
One word for people who are going to criticise and the say the ipad is crap,
JEALOUS!
Lets be honest, 99% of people have never even used one.

Citroen DS3 DSport
From the brief time I had with a iPad this morning it does feel quite different in use to a iPhone despite it essentially being the same product but larger. Hard to describe but it was definitely different.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
One word for people who are going to criticise and the say the ipad is crap,
JEALOUS!
Lets be honest, 99% of people have never even used one.

Jealousy doesn't come into it

I'm not jealous of people driving a Prius, for example (Yes, I've driven a Prius)

I'd like to point out Magic is a berk, though

BG 182 FF
How did you sync it with iTunes to get into it before you got home, did you actually take your laptop with you lol?

No they activated it in store lol I'm not that sad :p
They were really helpful and were focused on delivering an 'experience' in the apple store.

Back on my way to the trafford centre with parry123 from this forum to get one now. He seen mine and had to have it :p I think that's what's special about this product, on paper It could be seen as pointless "a big iPod touch" but I really believe you have to get one in your hands to understand how special it is.

BG 182 FF

No they activated it in store lol I'm not that sad :p
They were really helpful and were focused on delivering an 'experience' in the apple store.

Back on my way to the trafford centre with parry123 from this forum to get one now. He seen mine and had to have it :p I think that's what's special about this product, on paper It could be seen as pointless "a big iPod touch" but I really believe you have to get one in your hands to understand how special it is.

Sent from my iPad ;-)