ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
iPhone OS 4 won't help in this situation because instant messaging isn't one of the services that the os has support for background processing, it's a common misconception that OS 4 will support general multitasking, it doesn't, instead they've provided a set of background services for the most useful type of background applications, like gps, voip etc.

The combination of push and the new background services means that 99.9% of realtime situations are covered with minimal impact on battery life.

BG 182 FF
Anyone got the real racing HD game for it? I'm completely engrossed with this game right now. Am I right in thinking you can race online? Anyone fancy a game?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is that an insult aimed at me because you don't agree with me?

back on topic, as far as I can see this "multitasking" is no more than a sub menu that lets you switch between different apps? Which although slightly quicker than pressing the home button and loading another app, is essentially the same?!
no

dk

911 GTS Cab
But I watched f1 whilst browsing other websites earlier, I could see both on the screen at the same time. I also held a conversation on msn whilst watching f1. This is the point I'm making.

This is not possible on the ipad as you have to open the tab, click the app you want, the old app disappears and the new app is now on the screen. Sure it might still be hiding in the background, but it's useless there!
i too watched the f1 while browsing websies, i used a tv and an ipad........

dk

911 GTS Cab
hang on, so you want the ability to watch 2 tv shows at once using one tv and a computer AND still have the ability to surf the web, and unless you can do that its not good enough, ok, jog on.

I can do that though, i was watching ITV HD on my tv, the F1 using tvcatchup on my ipad and the iphone for web surfing while downloading p**n on my laptop.

NEXT.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Co-Pilot HD (I think it is ) will be brilliant on this - just need to find a bracket big enough to hold it! ;)

Clio 182
hang on, so you want the ability to watch 2 tv shows at once using one tv and a computer AND still have the ability to surf the web, and unless you can do that its not good enough, ok, jog on.

I can do that though, i was watching ITV HD on my tv, the F1 using tvcatchup on my ipad and the iphone for web surfing while downloading p**n on my laptop.

NEXT.

This is full of win :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just on mine now, anyone know how long the 3G card takes to start working? I set it up a few hours ago? Ben

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Im pretty sure im sold on this iPad. I think ill wait for the next gen to come out though. I never buy the first type of anything. Any idea when the next one will be out?

Clio 182 cup'd
dk said:

NEXT.
Right so you need an ipad and an iPhone to do two simple tasks! Winner!!

Jog on yourself son!

imageew.jpg

Winner.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Just been sat in a carpark on my own watching family guy on bbc3, I'm so f**king cool it hurts

Clio 182 cup'd
Revels said:
Okay, we get it, you don't like the iPad.

But you're boring now.

No it's not that I dislike them, I just wanted to know what they are good at! so far a couple of fan boys have told me it can replace a laptop, which clearly it can't, well not unless you have an iPhone sat along side it!

2.2 bar shed.
Just been sat in a carpark on my own watching family guy on bbc3, I'm so f**king cool it hurts

I don't have a TV in my room, with an iPad I can lie in bed and watch a movie without burning myself on my laptop. Media consumption wise it is amazing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah. I've not touched my laptop since yesterday morning. Just used the iPad since.
i can't remember tha last time i haven't charged my iphone overnight, since i got my ipad i have not charged it, the last time was thursday night and it still has 28% left, so thats 3 days and its not died, i can't believe how my iphone is now redundant for doing anythin other than making calls, the battery lasts for ages when you don't use all of its cool features;)

And the ipad has an awesome battery life, been using it all day to read newspapers, surf the web, demo it to a few people, play a bit of air hockey and then 2 hrs of f1 app simulcast, and its still got 61% left.

I think I have a winning combination here, i don't need to sell it to people, they either want one of they don't, simple, if you don't then quite frankly you are missing out and its your loss, not mine.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yet another Apple product I don't need, but want. I have a MacBook, and an iPhone. But for some reason this really appeals to me.

Clio 182
Snap lol, I have literally only just bought an iMac, I already have an iPhone and my brain is telling me that I need an iPad. iLove Mac

Honda. Tesla Someday
I am a serious Microsoft fan and HATED the idea of MACs and Apple in general. Then, 2 years ago, I wanted an amazing smartphone. Did everything to avoid the iPhone, but finally gave in and bought an iPhone 3G. Have not regretted it once.

NOW, I am practically in hysterics when I even comprehend having an iPad, its like, OMFG I N33DS IT MY PRECIOUS!! erm... seriously though, I know I dont really 'need' it, but it feels like my life won't be complete without it LOL. ITS JUST A TABLET FFS, but omG it is COOL! argh whys it so damn expensive! f*ck!

dk

911 GTS Cab
hadn't noticed that, does work very well though.

how are you posting screenshots on here, i have it saved to my photos but can't work out how to embed it in the post?

edit - i see you are using photobucket, how are you getting it on there?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nope. Will be though. I don't have anywhere to store it just now. On a towel under my bed isn't really cutting it. I'll be wanting something that doesn't scream "I have an iPad!" though for when I do take it out.