ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 11 + Apple watch 5

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Been told I can upgrade my contract to include the 11 for an extra £29.90 a month for 36 months.

That’s £1076 for a phone that costs £729 minus what I sell my 7 for.

No thanks.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Think through a combo of iPhone Upgrade Program and EE sim only I've sorted it for £60pm for 256GB 11 Pro Max which I think is reasonable

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
How @boultonn mines coming out at £71.some pennies p/m. Do you have AppleCare+ included?

Also a question for all. I finished paying off my iPhone X in July. Do I get to keep this phone and I will just start a new payment plan for the 11?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
There was a time when I would have the latest iPhone on the day of release blah blah.
Yet I’m still on an old 6S and I literally couldn’t give less ducks about the latest iPhone anymore. They have become so overpriced it’s outrageous and do nothing more than the last one did.

In the real world, none of the features over calls, text, photos, music and internet make any difference whatsoever.
They have all had all those features for ages now, amazing how they’re still flogging the same dead horse.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
How @boultonn mines coming out at £71.some pennies p/m. Do you have AppleCare+ included?
So upgrade program is £71pm, but taking the trade-in value from my X and splitting that across the 11 payments takes it down to 42pm, plus 18pm for my EE 50gb sim is c.£60pm

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
So upgrade program is £71pm, but taking the trade-in value from my X and splitting that across the 11 payments takes it down to 42pm, plus 18pm for my EE 50gb sim is c.£60pm

50A22CD4-05AD-46C4-B0D1-6CAE8E2844BD.gif

I’m lost lol

Where are you trading it in? At apple? I think I was offered £310 trade in.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
11 payments? It’s 20 on the program, unless I am missing something obvious.

Please bare in mind that I am a complete newb to the APPP.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'll be sticking to my iPhone X. No major upgrades really, the green looks nice but the cameras look absolutely shocking! Much prefer the Pixel 4 way of doing it, much more elegant design.

The two things I actually want from the camera is HDR in Live Photos, and Live Photos added to Portrait Mode. Neither are here yet :(

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can't believe I have converted to an android wanker. But watching those release videos for the iPhone and them talking about ultra wide cameras etc makes me cringe. It's like they live in a bubble and don't realise this stuff is old news. I never used to care about other phones when I had my iPhone. But now I'm on the other side of the fence and see what 'new' stuff they release with their phones, it makes me chuckle.

I love apple products as well, the Mrs mac book pro she has had for 3 years so far now has been faultless and is a brilliant product to work with.
I love the watches too.

Just feel as said above in other post, flogging dead horse comes to mind.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They haven't been cutting edge for a while now, but when they release something it usually works pretty well.

Android stuff has been creeping up in price over the last few years as well, even tho I don't really like apple stuff I still don't think a Samsung Galaxy is equal in value to an iphone.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Apple might be churning out what looks like the same stuff every year but so does
all of the other phone manufacturers.

There’s always something that will be slightly better on a new phone, but rarely anything that’s really game changing, and that goes for all of them.

I also like the updates on iOS, you know you’re good for 4+ years when you get a new one.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wireless charging was on Android and working well for a few years. Apple bring it to theirs, people are amazed.
Fast charging, only just coming to iOS.
Wide angle. Again, old hat but amazing that it's in iOS.
Android phones are coming up in prices but the build quality is getting much better too.

Apple brought plenty to the table in the early stages though and lots of companies took that and developed it, some took it further than Apple did.

If you get a Google device you are also good for updates for 3-4 years, whether it's the same if you get a Samsung or other Android running phone is another question, one that I don't know as it doesn't bother me.

I have an iPhone 8 for work and a Pixel 2xl. I've only had the iPhone for a couple of months and the battery has started to go really bad on it if it's used, running out before lunch time. If it's just on standby then it's absolutely cracking, lasts for a week probably just pinging emails in.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Any company that have something new to them are going to make a big thing about it, surely that’s just marketing? It’s only amazing to the people that fall for it.

People who find these things amazing on iPhone are the ones who have probably been in since the early days. I follow the latest tech to a degree, a lot of people don’t though.

I know Google devices get good updates, it’s the Samsung, Huawei etc. that don’t. They do make up a large volume of android phones afaik.

As for the battery thing, my other half has had an iPhone 8 for about 18 months now and the battery is perfect still. Never had a problem with any of mine either.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm speaking from my views with my Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

I got it in April, already 6-7 months old from its original release..
Yet the features it has are far superior to what the iPhone 11 has currently. And that is from a phone which is going to be almost 12 months old once the 11pro is released.

I may sound biased. But please bare in mind I was a strong apple fan boy for at least 7/8 years.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
If you looked solely at phones then I suspect most would choose android, especially given the variety. Even after all these years of having an iPhone the lack of major updates is frustrating, but in the wider ecosystem I think that’s what sells the iPhone, certainly what stopped me going to the Note10+. Apple Watch, AirPods, Macs are all superior enough to keep you hooked.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I gave myself a rule a while back... don't spend over a grand on a phone.

iPhone 11 Pro: £1049 - I guess I'm out of the game of buying top spec!

Seriously though, the iPhone 11 seems like a decent upgrade over my X, and 64Gb isn't really enough any more, and I could get iPhone 11 with 256Gb well under budget!

I'm still not buying this year, but that's probably the way I'll have to go. At least I'll get a decent colour choice.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Again, decent upgrade from your X. Go elsewhere and get a different branded phone and with that budget you'll get something a lot better.

Take the latest one plus phone for example.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I was thinking of going for a 11 Pro but now think I'll go with the next Pixel phone. I tend to swap from one OS to the other but never tried stock Android so fancy giving it a go.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
One thing I am gutted about is always on screen on the new Apple Watch. Only bought my series 4 six months ago and really wanted that feature!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I like iOS much more than Android, that’s what keeps me with Apple.

It‘s really just personal preference at the end of the day. Phones be phones.

This, Android is getting better but I still find it irritating to use.

Although saying that iOS has been getting a bit worse recently, the way it constantly bugs you to connect to WiFi is very frustrating.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I was looking through the iOS 13 overview page earlier and some of the stuff there does look decent so that is a nice added benefit from the new phone

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I like apple over android for the interface and the ease.
Yes it is not as good a camera as others.
Yes it is not the best processor
But
it is easy, it works well, it meets my needs and its a nice phone. This is an apple chat, a lot of android users jumping at the chance to tell people not to buy it.. each to their own.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm not jumping at the chance to tell people not to buy it. As I said, I was an strong apple fan boy.
I'm surprised they have released an apple watch so soon. The series 4 hasn't been out that long has it?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Would/has anyone used Mazuma to trade their old iPhone in. They are offering £455 for mine (unlocked iPhone X 256gb) which is a fair chunk more than Apple are offering as a trade in for the 11.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Would/has anyone used Mazuma to trade their old iPhone in. They are offering £455 for mine (unlocked iPhone X 256gb) which is a fair chunk more than Apple are offering as a trade in for the 11.
I’ve used them before with no problem. Going to use them again this week

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it is not as good a camera as others.
Yes it is not the best processor

Camera wise they tend to be about half a generation to a generation behind the curve.
On the other hand, pocessor wise the iPhone has had a clear lead for a long time now, ever since at least iPhone 8 benchmarks show that even the very best android chipsets are well behind. Even now, the just launched S10 is only on par with the iphone Xs for multi core performance and is still well behind on single core. It’s still a fairly specific use case to need a really fast CPU in a phone, but for some applications there‘s a big difference.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Again, decent upgrade from your X. Go elsewhere and get a different branded phone and with that budget you'll get something a lot better.

Take the latest one plus phone for example.
Its really not an upgrade though. Look at the specs side by side. I have an X and im only upgrading for an 11 Pro. The 11 isn't as good as an X imo.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm not jumping at the chance to tell people not to buy it. As I said, I was an strong apple fan boy.
I'm surprised they have released an apple watch so soon. The series 4 hasn't been out that long has it?

It has been out a year. I got the Mrs one last October when they came out.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Its really not an upgrade though. Look at the specs side by side. I have an X and im only upgrading for an 11 Pro. The 11 isn't as good as an X imo.

I dunno, it depends what you are after really. The screen on the X is clearly superior, but the 11 looks better in almost every other way - especially in terms of battery life.

You'd exchange the zoom on the camera for a wide angle lens which personally I wouldn't like, but I'd probably go for it given how much longer it will last on a charge - but everyone's use case is different.

I wouldn't pay for anything above the 11 if it was my money and I was looking for an upgrade. Still hoping the company will do the decent thing and refresh our mobiles :D