ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 12

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Is anyone planning on using a magsafe charger in their car? I see Belkin are doing one which looks like it’ll hold the phone pretty well but only uses a vent mount. I don’t particularly fancy inadvertently smashing out one of the louvres from my vents so it’s a shame they don’t do a sticky one.
From some of the initial youtube stuff it doesn't look like the magsafe strength is particularly impressive.
Interested to see what it's like in the belkin but i'm not convinced it would hold if you hit a big pothole or speed hump.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
From some of the initial youtube stuff it doesn't look like the magsafe strength is particularly impressive.
Interested to see what it's like in the belkin but i'm not convinced it would hold if you hit a big pothole or speed hump.

I'm guessing the magsafe charger just has a steel ring that the magnets in the phone grab onto, which makes sense since you're not going to hang your phone off of one, but car accessories use magnets on their side too, which would give enough grip to hold the weight of the phone. There's also an extra magnet in the lower half of the phone which the Belkin appears to be extended to pick up as well. Time will tell I guess.

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Has anyone traded in their old handset in store? If so do you have to hand over on the day or can it be handed in/posted to Apple within a certain time period?

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone traded in their old handset in store? If so do you have to hand over on the day or can it be handed in/posted to Apple within a certain time period?

thought about bunging it on eBay? Sold my X for £390... Apple offered £240

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I sent my 12 pro back as wasn’t getting on with the size, I don’t need a large phone and am going to try the mini out instead.

The cameras on that should be good enough and don’t think I’ll miss the telephoto lens or lidar, but we shall see!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
John Lewis always impress with their launch day stock.
Waiting for my delivery window from DHL for my Pro Max

BMW 330ci
Had a pro max pre ordered but delivery was 30th November. Wasn’t the end of the world. But checked this morning and was available to click and collect. I been and picked one up and cancelled the other. Went for space grey 256gb. Did really like the look of the blue pre release. But having looked at one and realising I always have a case on I didn’t like the thought of a case with the blue camera space. Plus all my other Apple stuff (MacBook and iPad Pro) is space grey so would’ve annoyed me.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeah the blue is pretty nice
tempImageC2zgvs.png

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The blue is beautiful. Mine arrived about 11 this morning, haven't had a proper play with it yet but absolutely love the colour.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The blue is beautiful. Mine arrived about 11 this morning, haven't had a proper play with it yet but absolutely love the colour.
if i was going to go for one, i'd go for the Blue too in Pro/Max, looks really nice

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Got my 12 Max and it looks bloody lovely. Sides are a proper fingerprint magnet but otherwise it’s lovely in blue.

Barely any different from my XR in terms of size and weight, other than a lot less border and a little extra length. Well happy.

Takes a bloody lovely picture mind.
2CB6BB4F-C12D-4495-86FD-3BBF857A92CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What are you guys paying? Just had a look and Vodafone want ~£70 per month. Was hoping for a similar deal to what i’m on of ~£40. 🤔

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Only really just looked at the differences. The differences seem pretty marginal. I wanted a Pro Max, but then talked myself to a 12 pro, which then you may aswel just get a 12. But then I want the 12 Pro Max just because top of the range 😂

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Only really just looked at the differences. The differences seem pretty marginal. I wanted a Pro Max, but then talked myself to a 12 pro, which then you may aswel just get a 12. But then I want the 12 Pro Max just because top of the range 😂
Believe me, you want the pro max ;)
Phone is £45/m from Apple then just an EE simo for £15/m, 60gb data and unlimited mins and texts. Also includes free Apple Music so saves me a tenner on that.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Believe me, you want the pro max ;)
Phone is £45/m from Apple then just an EE simo for £15/m, 60gb data and unlimited mins and texts. Also includes free Apple Music so saves me a tenner on that.

I’ll ring Voda next week and work the charm.. hopefully! I’ve got an XR to trade in but the edge of the screen is cracked so may aswell not bother!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Laanlabs has an app called '3D Scanner App'. Truthfully I could have done a better scan and it's also not as stable as it could be (I'm sure it'll get patched over time), but you get the idea. It does capture the texture in a lot higher res too, it just doesn't render a file that big without crashing so you'd have to load it up on a PC first.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know your thoughts...Battery life is my concern (I’ll be coming from an 8).

Also have an 8 so will see what it’s like, I’m not a heavy phone user so can’t see it being terrible on the mini.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Lidar struggles with shiny stuff normally anyway, you end up with a lot of noise.

Old stone buildings like churches or monuments usually come out really well.
Yeah, the Proper way to scan cars is to coat them in a layer of powder/flour so it can’t penetrate the glass. But for a 2 minute effort that’s bloody good for a phone.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know your thoughts...Battery life is my concern (I’ll be coming from an 8).

Finally got the mini out the box and setup tonight.

I’m coming from an 8 and had a 12 pro for a week and a bit before sending it back.

First impressions are it feels tiny!

With the squared edges it really felt like the old 5/5S/SE, but unlike the 12pro that felt awkward to hold with them the mini is great.

Will see what the battery is like tomorrow after a charge overnight, as long as I can get a day out of it I’ll be happy, the 8 can currently last me 2 days so think I’ll be fine there.

It is smaller than the 8, screen is roughly the same width (maybe a Mm or two in it), but it’s got more height to it whilst being physically shorter than the 8.

For how I use the phone the mini is far better for me than the regular size.

All that said, I just picked up my 8 and it felt nicer in the hand, and the screen whilst having the bezels/home button almost feels nicer.

I’m wondering/hoping it’s just familiarity that is making me think that, will see in a few days!

Main reason for upgrade was to have a nicer camera for pics of the little one.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The biggest upgrade you'll find I'm sure is the change in iOS using touch gestures rather than home button. Completely game changing for day to day usage. Biggest camera upgrade should be portrait mode if the iPhone 8 didn't have that? Absolutely great for kiddie photos!