ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 2G vs. iPhone 3GS

Having not used my old my old iPhone for a few days, I yesterday decided to upgrade it to 3.0 and re-jaibreak/unlock it. I had a few problems until I realised that Icy & Cydia don't really mix too well. Anyway that's by-the-by.

The point is, the 3GS really is rapid in comparison. Apps open and close so much quicker, scrolling around in web pages is smoother and faster. The 3GS is so much more rapid, that it makes me wonder how I ever thought the 2G was awesome.

s**t thread? Sure but, if anyone has a 2G and can't be bothered to upgrade, then I suggest you do. I can't comment on the 3G because I've never used one for any period of time.

Summary - iPhone 3GS is immensely good. I'm keeping my 2G as a spare phone, though. As an asie the 3G(S) is a much nicer phone to hold and use. The only drawback is that the rear of the case looks like a scratch waiting to happen. iSkin solo on the way, which will solve that problem.

FFS what a gai ramble. Oh well, I've typed it now so f**k you -x-

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
f**k you too Roy, biatch ;)

3G here, I'm too unimpressed with the cost of the 3GS to part with actual cash monies (even as much as I want 32GB).

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
A case is a defnite requirement. When you roll like I do, it makes all the difference.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I had a case for mine but I found it caused scratches more than anything, so when I changed the phone for a new one I've since rolled bareback ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Having moved from the 3G to the 3GS I'm happy to say I made the right choice. The iPhone OS now responds in the way I always felt it should and I no longer get annoyed while awaiting my texts, settings etc to appear on the screen. Everything is faster and alot smoother. My side-by-side Safari test showed the 3GS would complete loading web pages long before the 3G.

Im still using the 2G just now, only £9 a month. Its still awesome. Granted the 3GS is better, but sack paying £200 + £40 a month for the privilege!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hey Pretty Baby With The
High Heels On
You Give Me Fever
Like I've Never, Ever Known
You're Just A Product Of
Loveliness
I Like The Groove Of
Your Walk,
Your Talk, Your Dress