ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transferring data from iPhone 3GS to new iPhone 4S

120d M Sport
Hi all,

I know there's loads of you with iPhones on here that know them inside out. If you would be so kind as to educate me here it would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have an iPhone 3GS but have just taken delivery of a new 4S.

Is it possible to transfer from back-up, or otherwise:

(from the old phone to the new)

-Text messages
-Apps
-Music
-Notes

Basically the personal contents of my 3gs. The most problematic one is perhaps my contacts.

The 3gs takes a normal sim, from which before I simply used the 'import contacts from SIM' function. The 4s takes a micro sim, obviously I have been issued a new one so can't work out how I will move all my contacts over.

Please advise :)

Cheers,

Al.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
plug your phone into your comp and sync it with iTunes to do the backup, when you start up your 4s you will get the option to start as a new phone or to restore from a back up, choose this option and everything that was synced with iTunes will be transferred across

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Everything. You'll need to let it sync the apps and other content. Takes a while.

A silver one
Does that also apply to all in app data? For example the above sync's Angry Birds, but what about all your level saves, stars, etc?