ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 3GS broken glass

Loading my car up for FCS I knocked my 16gb iPhone 3GS on the floor and the f**king glass shattered

It still works fine but it's covered in cracks

I have O2 insurance which I've been paying £10 a month for for the last year

What's my best option?

1) Claim on insurance - anyone know how much the excess is and how long i'll be without a phone?

2) Sell it on ebay as a "needs repairs" phone - any idea how much they're worth needing a new screen

3) Get the screen replaced privately - any idea on cost and how long it takes to do?

Cheers

Oh by the way I only want to get as much money as possible for it - as I'll be doing an early upgrade to an iPhone 4 next thursday. Just wondering what my best bet is

E87 118d M Sport
You have paid insurance for however many months in case you damage/lose it, and you are asking what to do when you damage it.....

Well the reason behind asking is most people have told me the excess to claim on the insurance is more than having the glass replaced privately

And they don't replace the whole phone for a smashed screen - they just replace the glass and send it back to you

So no point paying £50 excess (if that's what it is) - if I could get it done for £30 privately

Also sorry if it sounds silly questions - just I wanted to sort it today and for some bizarre reason my work have the O2 website blocked - which isn't helping lol

182 RB FF
lol, was this accidently on purpose knocked in your pocket and now your only option is to get a new one, which you will sell to raise funds for the new iPhone 4G?

LOL no it sadly wasn't

I put it on the lip of the clio boot while I was loading all my camera gear into the boot - and caught it with my bag :(

I was supposed to be ebaying it tonight but now I've gotta get it repaired first :(

BMW 330ci Clubsport
1) Claim on insurance - anyone know how much the excess is and how long i'll be without a phone?
£30 (At most), 2-3 days (So if you ring them now probably before the weekend)

Also you might not have to provide your old iphone, but it might get IMEI blocked

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
One important thing if you ring O2 now, you broke it TODAY!!

It will say in your policy you have to report it within 48 hours and believe me they will reject your claim if you said anything different.

I broke my phone while working offshore so had no phone to call them with, that was a Monday so i came back on Thursday and reported it immediately, explained the situation and they agreed so i sent my phone for repair. After a week it was sent back unrepaired with a letter saying my claim was rejected as it was not reported within 48 hours.

I rang and moaned and got nowhere, it was there clear as day in the contract and nothing i could do.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just replaced the screen on my sons ipod touch for 24 quid from ebay..its a relatively straight forward job...

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
ipod classic? They are easy Dan...the touch can be a bit fiddly but if youre patient its easy...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I've opened an iphone to repair the glass.. get someone else to do it is what I learned lol

Why pay insurance if you never use it ? make the call :D

I thought it'd take ages to get it back - and I kinda need the phone for work
But hey ho.. i'll have to hope it doesn't take too long

Or I might just go buy an iPhone 4 on pay day (next week) and then send my 3GS off for repair - then when it comes back switch the insurance to my iPhone 4 LOL!

ph2 iceburg 172
when i tried to claim on my insurance with o2 they said they would send it to apple which take about a week, they then send it to o2 who then send it back to the shop, guy said its between 3-4weeks!
jokes

OMG O2 insurance are awesome

My bluetooth has stopped working too - I told her that and she checked my account - said because I've not missed a £60 a month payment for 12 months I was a preferred customer

They're sending me a boxed brand spanking new iPhone 3GS 16gb to my work tomorrow - I give them everything back except my SIM

f**king WIN!
A brand new one to whack on ebay then go and get an iPhone 4 on pay day :D

Tesla MP3 2021
OMG O2 insurance are awesome

My bluetooth has stopped working too - I told her that and she checked my account - said because I've not missed a £60 a month payment for 12 months I was a preferred customer

They're sending me a boxed brand spanking new iPhone 3GS 16gb to my work tomorrow - I give them everything back except my SIM

f**king WIN!
A brand new one to whack on ebay then go and get an iPhone 4 on pay day :D

Yeah, that's what the insurance guys do. I have claimed twice on my iPhone insurance (one 3G and one 3GS).

Brand new iPhone, boxed within a couple of days on both occasions.